Too much reliance on technology

I would never knock technology because without the thermionic valve, the electric guitar would not have been produced.

3 Likes

Me too Brokenvows, use it or loose it I reckon, and I love writing/drawing with pen/pencil…
:+1:

3 Likes

Of course I write - just not pen and paper. I use a computer.

1 Like

Cash always, but I do pay my grocery Tesco big shop bill in store with a card.

2 Likes

Personally even though I use a computer or my phone most of the time I still use paper and pencil for a few things.

I have a small notebook for just about anything which lasts me years but for projects and trip planning I have a spiral bound A4 notebook to scribble in, for example, today I filled two pages with notes and calculations for a printer project I was working on.

It is not that I use it a lot, I have probably filled about 20 pages (out of 240) in the last 6 months but sometimes it is quicker and more convenient than using a computer

2 Likes

I had to use text before computers:

1 Like

:rofl: that`s cheat writing :rofl:

2 Likes

In what way is it cheat writing ?

1 Like

You are pressing keys Besoeker,it isn`t quite the same as using a pen/pencil .
I am not criticing you i may add.

1 Like

I often got told I sent you a link to your mobile. Trouble is my phone is 2g and only gets sms messages. Everyone believes you got a smartphone. I intend to keep my 2g until the service ceases in 2033.

2 Likes

It was a pen

Ahhh got it .

AFL is the same - at least at Adelaide Oval.

You cannot pay by cash, it is all card - either your physical card or your card on your phone.

1 Like

I think we all have a card of some description July, but I keep mine for emergencies and pay cash wherever I can.

1 Like

Exactly! I hate that all my medical info is on the computer. As soon as I walk in the doctor’s office, they are on the computer adding my information. I always think what happens if the system fails.

2 Likes

except some places, like OP and myself pointed out, you cannot use cash.

1 Like

I work in a Dr;s surgery.

Information is much more secure than the old days of cards in filing cabinets

Well those places will have red faces and no business when the net goes down…

I think not July. Local scallies would have to break in to steal files, but computers can be hacked from anywhere in the world…And have been…Even our own NHS ones.

1 Like

I bet they will take cash if the problem lasted more than a day.

2 Likes

not neccesarily break in - cleaners, staff etc could access files by just opening a cupboard, now of course computers are password protected.

Yes there can be computer hacks - but I think risk of local people, ie people you know, accessing your medical info is less.

1 Like