Today I went into battle fully armed

I am now frazzled and my heart is thumping , it all started at 3am this morning

I went to the bathroom and the biggest spider you’ve ever seen ran between my feet , I grabbed the bathroom bin and rammed it over the enemy and to keep him there I put a heavy ornament on the top.
I hardly slept I visited the bathroom a few hours later and had to step over the prison walls in case I knocked it and the blighter escaped .

So hes been trapped all night ( it had air holes dont worry ) and I armed myself with
2ft spider catcher
3ft feather duster
2 large pieces of soaking wet kitchen roll
A bottle of cold water to spray
Large towel to block under the door

With heart thumping I shouted at him I didnt want to kill him but if I have to I will but I’d rather he surrendered and I’ll chuck him outa the window. Silence prevailed except for the thumping of my heart , my anxiety at its worst

I pulled back the bin , he ran , I sprayed with water to floor him but the blighter ran under a pipe , I kept squirting and eventually changed tactics I threw the soaking wet kitchen roll on top and grabbed the paper and threw it with all my might out of the window as a lady walked past with a worrying look on her face . I slammed the window shut . I had to sit on the edge of the bath to calm my anxious heart and head .

Thank God I got him , I didnt kill him but he would have needed a web parachute to land gently or perhaps the wet kitchen towel protected him . At least hes gone .

Till the next one :frowning:

5 Likes

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

Susan, those big ones scare the life out of me, it’s the thought of them crawling over me, even entering my mouth, because most people sleep with their mouth open…” shudder”…:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

What a performance ,eh!!..

:100: nightmare

I know, I’ve had some huge spiders here, they always seem to come out at night…:open_mouth::open_mouth:

I love spiders and hate hurting them. Ironically I have just noticed a spider in his web on the front grille of my Jeep and I have to go out in it this afternoon, so in a quandary as to how I can coax him into moving for his own safety. I guess I will just have to pick him up and put him in the hedge at the side of the car… :thinking:

2 Likes

images

We had lots of those tiger spiders at my last house im hoping they haven’t followed me here…one good thing about them is they stay outside…its the house spiders those big ones that scare me…they move so fast and they are good at hiding…very scary.

Glad you managed to get it Susan…you would have many sleepless night if it got away.

1 Like

I tell ya I can spot a spider at 30 feet and i can not rest till it’s gone, if it escapes I will even sleep in the spare bedroom . The other day I saw one actually trying to climb over the step in my conservatory into my lounge. I find the water spray excellent, oh and the feather duster , its 3 ft long so no chance of it getting on me , I tickle them ( while I shout at them ) and sometimes they roll into a ball and then I can get them attached to the feather duster and they then get fired out the door or nearest window . I’m terrified more will come in . I do tell them to leave but they just dont listen :tired_face:

Oh and always a good idea to ram a towel at the bottom of your bedroom door , helps keep them out if they decide to come spy on me sleeping

Well done Susan! Like you, I hate those big spiders that run around as if they own the place. We seem to get loads of those spindly ones too which create webs all over the place. My daughter in law says that placing conkers around the house deters them so I am waiting now for the conkers to drop from the trees in the park - it will be a fight between me and the children who collect the conkers I suspect …

1 Like

I am not overly fond of spiders but just think of the size of any spider compared to that of a human being, why be afraid of something so small and not even poisonous? :roll_eyes: :grinning:

1 Like

Cause its black and hairy with long creepy legs and moves like lightening that’s why

It doesn’t make any sense at all does it Baz - but that doesn’t stop the panic when seeing one!!

They run away from you though, not towards you with any intent. :grinning:

Even baby money spiders have potential they are not welcome in my house . By the way I’m running hopping and jumping to fast and terrified to notice which way the blighter runs :grin:

No it doesn’t make any sense and I can understand a slight fear of spiders but not a complete mind-blowing panic. All it takes is a small container and a piece of card to capture one and deposit it outside away from you. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Where do you live Baz you sound the perfect person to have around in an emergency :grin:

I think that Spiders are our biggest insect friends.

Without them there’ll be millions of bugs all over the place.

Your ones will be on the web passing on hate mail about you!

2 Likes

I suppose like any phobia it has no logic and cannot be reasoned with. At the end of the day you either love 'em or hate 'em, personally it’s the former. :heart_eyes:

Nice of you to say so but probably 200 miles from you so no chance really. I just look at things for what they possibly are. For instance this morning I turned my hob on to do myself a couple of soft-boiled eggs for breakfast, there was a very bright white flash, a loud bang and that was the end of the hob and breakfast. I checked to see nothing was alight, turned the hob and cooker off at the wall switch and proceeded to have toast with marmalade and a cup of coffee. Getting into a panic over anything serves no purpose in my mind, other than to make things worse. That’s how I think anyway, but that’s just me!
:grinning:

1 Like

Spiders don’t really bother me except I really don’t like those right big ones and I don’t like them crawling on me. I’ve had two episodes in the past year of spiders actually being on me. One time I was in bed and my leg was itching, I flung back the quilt only to see a spider running down my leg and onto the bed sheets. To this day I don’t know where it went. I have to admit, I screamed.

Another time my forehead itched and I was just going to scratch it when I saw John looking at me, I said ‘whats up’ he said Bev, there is a spider on your head, the bugger had dangled its legs in front of my eyes arrrrrgggghhhhh, John just stood there instead of helping me!!! I can laugh about it now but I was horrified. I don’t know why because I’m not frightened of them, hmmm or am I lol.

Hope your anxiety is gone now Susan, sounds horrendous for you

2 Likes