Today I Learned

:102::102::mad2::cry:today i learned not to dust the top of my wardrobe…i disturbed a huge spider which fell to the floor behind my bed and i couldn’t see it …i hoovered the room…every corner…under the bed…still couldn’t find it…then i pulled the duvet off…and there it was …hiding under the duvet…

Today i learned about “cottage pie”…never had heard of this delite before, sounds similar to our “english pie” here. …but, im not sure if it is made with lamb, or minced beef?

Hi Dee (if any one repeats Hi I’ll crown them)
sorry Dee that was a TV program on here years ago (Hi Di Hi)

beef mince is cottage pie
lamb mince is shepheards pie
both made exactly the same way.

We had Cottage Pie for dinner last night. It’s real comfort food with the added bonus that all the Gr kids will eat it.

For got this is about what you’ve learned today! I learned that the weather in Venice next week is going to be pretty dire. We go on Sunday … good job there are lots of building and museums to visit!

TIL that cystic fibrosis patients aren’t allowed to get close to each other because doing so is likely to be fatal.

Today I learned that many members of this forum are really lovely people ! Can’t say it was a surprise but it was nice to be reminded.

Tis very true …:slight_smile:

And the pattern matching. :smiley:

To day I learned not to read Billsteamshovel’s posts ever again:lol::lol::lol:
Only joking love you really Billy.

Oh Gawd :shock:

Not to mention pin-pricking the bubbles :smiley:

Why??

Here is a copy and paste Hazel,

People with CF all carry germs, all of the time, in their airways-both lung and sinuses. However, not all people carry around the same germs. Some people carry more problematic germs (more likely to cause problems to the person with those germs) than others do. Unfortunately, those germs can definitely be passed from one person with CF to another, possibly causing risk to the newly infected person. So, we ask that people with CF avoid close contact with others with CF, unless they are family members. :lol::lol:

TIL that there is a members poll to see if “I William” am good enough to grace these illustrious forum pages? or in other words,see who my friends are! lol…hahaha

Thus far,
1 Hates

3 Likes

2 Don’t give a damn one way or the other! (fence sitters) lol…

TIL… It’s a mongrel being so popular!

Sorry but i learned 3 things today!..lol…

TIL… that until 1953, NYC had a pneumatic tube mail network that spanned 27 miles and connected 23 post offices. At its peak, the system moved 95,000 letters a day.

TIL…that more people love me here than love my cat Moggs in Australia!..lol…hahaha:lol::lol:

Today I learned about the Tasmanian Tiger - thanks Billy

Today I learned not to nearly sit on a Chihuahua she will bite yer bum !