Today I Learned

Thought i would start a new thread,its called Today I Learned…that…and write whatever you learned/heard of for the first time!
I know that some will deride this thread because it is a good idea and they diden’t think of it (Ego) so will post off topic to try and ruin it…as usual,thats Ego for ya!

TIL…that in 1958 Ford Motor Company developed a new concept car called the “Nucleon” thats right,a car powered by a small nuclear reactor?..fair dinkum!

So what did you learn today?:lol:

1 Like

Not today but last evening. :slight_smile:

In the UK we have a baking contest on TV, The Great British Bake Off, and they made a cake I had never heard of before, an Opera Cake. I now know how to make one but I know I never will. It needs patience and I haven’t got any. :blush: :smiley:

I learned laughter has come back in my life, it’s been missing a few months now and I’ve been in a dark place, but now the sunshine’s back in, hopefully for good.:lol: :035::081::041::mini::038:

Have a lovely day everyone, I know I will. la la la (I’m singing).

Actually I’m fibbing that was yesterday.:wink:

today I learned I was a twerp cos if I’d have turned the 2 screws I was going to I’d have undone the earth wires on the boiler, but now I know the right ones to turn so I might let some more water in my boiler just for the hell of it. I also learned how to bleed the rads, boy it’s a real learning curve for me today and it’s only 09.50 bloomin eck at this rate me brain’ll be burstin by tonight. I’m off to see what else I can learn. byeee

Never heard of an Opera Cake,will try find one on the net,you should try yourself though,you never know you may suprise youself mate!..lol

…after reading the thread about motorbikes… that my father-in-law rode an Indian chief (?) motorcycle around Africa in the 1940’s.

have you got the recipe
my friend dear Cheshire Cat
cos I need to bake a special cake
and could have a go at that.

Do you know I blame BS for this
I keep trying to put things in rhyme
and it’s a bit of a pest you see
cos it takes up so much time. boom boom.:-):slight_smile:

Today I learned…

how to “cut & paste”…

very useful

Today I learned that the human brain is the most complex thing in the universe. It weighs about 3lb and has about 100 billion neurons, equal to the number of stars in our galaxy. I learned this from an excellent book I’ve just bought called “What a Wonderful World” by Marcus Chown…if you are interested in science this is the book for you.

Today I learned that my next door neighbour was leaving in December,joy of joys. he is a ghastly little man and he is going back to Yorkshire from whence he came. My great Grandfather also came from there and it was he who put me in care when I was born.

Today I learned to start a thread that people like! hahaha

Today I learned candy service team are quite useless been round and round their phone system and ended up back where I started. Having a cup of tea before I try it again. :wink:

Bloomin eck Bobby Boy Ted Hutchinson could have showed you that he’s a world’s master at it.

I learned what a Fustian cutter is/was and it wasn’t what I thought.
Mind you I once learned what a guitar fettler was too and that was dead good.

on a more serious note I learned that my Nan had for a time (When aged about 11) been in the workhouse till her older sister married and took her and a brother in, yet I shared a bedroom with her till I was 21 and married, then saw her daily till she died aged 91 and she never once mentioned it. How very sad, cos it would have explained some of her actions.

keep trying Julie you’ll get them eventually lol

Today I learned to keep my fingers out of the way when using a craft knife! I think I may have learned this before though!

And it was good … :023:

I’m not sure if it’s me or them, just been round the loop again LOL Pressing 1, 3 and 4 as I was told only to go straight back to pressing 1 again ! :mrgreen:

Cutting and pasting is easy, it’s the hanging that’s the skilful part.:slight_smile:

Today I learned how to attach my liquidiser onto my Kenwood Chef food mixer - totally different to my last one which died. Heck, was it fiddley, but after a few swear words I managed it.

Having seen the recent docus on the Workhouses - thats very sad Hazel …