Toasties in the evening

Around this time of early evening I like a toastie…Today I am having a nice cheese and beetroot toastie and a nice cup of tea.

1 Like

Sounds good to me, Malcom. I had a cheese and bacon one at lunchtim - along with a bowl of homemade carrot and lentil soup.

I love toasties.

I am partial to the odd cheese toastie, never thought of it accompanied by beetroot which i like.

um that does sound good, I too love toasties, cheese and onion, ham and cheese, ham and onion.

Next question - how do you make them? I used to have a sandwich toaster but it wore out. Now I use those reusable ‘toaster bags’ and put them in my regular pop-up toaster.

I make cheese on toast and variations of it but toasted sandwich machines make me shudder being a reminder of my sons 'student house ’ when he was at University shudders

Just two slices of toast with cheddar cheese and sliced beetroot.
I am like Meg … Those toastie machines take far too much of your life to clean !

Toasted banana and jam sandwiches yum!

A toastie is a lunchtime meal for me. Cheese and beetroot sounds lovely, I guess its a variation on cheese and pickle which go well together. I make mine on my George Foreman grill.

I love banana and jam sandwiches TessA but would not have thought to toast them !

They’re yummy, open them up and slip a dollop of ice dream in.
I like to dip toasted cheese sandwiches in Tomato soup!

Toasties can be fried in a non stick fry pan on a medium heat for a few minutes each side to allow cheese to melt.

I love having cheese and slices of tomato on toast mmmm I dont ever have a lid on the sandwich just leave it open :slight_smile:

When I first saw this thread , I thought the poster was talking about those cosy slippers I wear.
I love a toasted cheese and onion sandwich , as does Hubs. Yum, yum.

This evening’s toastie is streaky smoked bacon and fried tomato…mmmmmm

Don’t alter the fillers too much.
You could die of mixinmetoasties.

Very very funny Tpin, you have a great sense of humour :lol:

I love toasted sarnies.
My favourites are Cheese & Ham, and Cheese & Mushroom.
Yummy.

Very adventurous

Today we went shopping locally to a small town, for lunch we had cheese toasties served with a side salad and chips. it was very enjoyable.

Mind Sue, you’ll be told that is not adventurous enough. :wink: