To Pierce, or Not to Pierce: That is the Question

Dear Judd,

:078:

Just when I think I am sophisticated and worldly, something like this comes into my radar making me realize that in some ways I am still - and thankfully - grossly naive. :lol:

People who go to those levels of piercing have brain inflammation. I’m dead serious about that.

A “Prince Albert” may induce levels of local inflammation that exceed those of the brain …:103:

I know a couple of women who have their tongues pierced, and I´ve seen other with tongue piercings, I really don´t understand it and it freaks me out. Why on earth would anyone want to have their tongue pierced?

Hi

One of younger ones at work had her nipples pierced.

Then she fell pregnant and said that when she breast fed the milk was squirting out all over the place.

I had my first piercing done at the jewlers at sixteen and then a further one at thirty, again at the jewelers.

I have lots and lots of earnings both fashion and gold ones.
I always wear two pairs. Never without them.

Didja do it? :wink:

Mine have two piercings.

Yes, I howled, screamed, and shivered just before they started but I survived…http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/crying.gif
Ha, not really.

After signing three pages of legalese (more documents than required to buy a house), they popped the earrings into something akin to a stapler and it was done in a flash. I think they were tickled with some of the questions I asked being such a novice and all.

Actually, Ruthio, your avatar was a mark put on the “pro” side when making my decision. I do like the way yours looked.

Strange thing though, I still look 57 :lol:.

The stupidest thing I did in this process was make mention of this idea to some friends who have since given me an insufferable amount of grief for waiting so long - and who now refer to me as “The Piercing Virgin”.

I like my ears, but I need new friends.

I’m the only person I know who had their ears pierced twice and each time my ears swelled up and I had to let them heal over. It’s annoying because there are lovely earrings for pierced ears.

Alas I have given up now and I pay a fortune for clip ons.

Summer, you missed my post. I have two.:lol:

I’ve got 3 holes in each ear.

First ones were done when I was about 18, second ones…mid 20’s I think, and the third ones were done spur of the moment when I went with someone else who was having their first ones done and they got a bit nervous, so I had mine done first so they could see exactly what happened.

I have since let the third holes close as they are on a thin part of the lobe and earrings were uncomfortable to wear there.

I have studs in 1 pair of holes and hoops in the other. I very rarely change them (for rarely read never) and hardly ever take them out.

Had sleepers in for first 6 weeks until healed also known as starter earrings. These types of earrings are sturdy and gentle enough to remain comfortable in your ear for long periods of time, as these earrings must remain in your ear until the piercing heals. Because you have to wear these earrings while you sleep, they have earned the nickname “sleeper earrings.”

A favourite with all well heeled bank robbers…it was used in 95% of raids in the 70s:lol:

Ow.

It’s time to change them for the first time, but can’t get the backs off the blasted things. Apparently this is common in new piercings.

My daughter is (rightly) laughing at me.

Pliers are next. :027:

We must be twins SP :shock::lol::smiley:

This is why sleepers always used to be advised for the first six weeks, easily removed as the sleepers were always moving so there was no gumming up

Im actually looking for some nice sleepers again at the moment. It was this thread that made me realise I wasn’t wearing my earrings as much as I used to and Im having the trouble with gummy ears

Hi, Missy. Actually I figured out that the piercing gun had caused the post to bend, making the removal extraordinarily difficult.

I called out the National Guard, braced my feet against the wall, and had several soldiers pulled on the earring back. It finally came loose causing them to tumble backwards :lol:

Actually, gently working on it with tweezers, I finally loosened the blasted thing and then put on a looser fitting pair which I am keeping in until they bury me…or I have some event to go to, whichever comes first :mrgreen:

OMG I was on the bus today because my car is being repaired. There were two teenage girls discussing having their nipples pierced! I couldn’t believe it, not least because one of them was saying she has no nipples (probably because she is so young!)… Why oh why would any teen girl want to have a nipple piercing?!

My youngest son has his done when he was about sixteen and in relbelious mode.
He laughs about it now .
They soon healed over .

I have 3 holes in each ear also.

How are your ears feeling now Surfermom?
That sounded very painful. Pliers? Ouch :shock: