Tips for growing old

That’s the point of doing it, Maver, good result. :023:

I live by the mantra:

Growing old is obligatory
Growing UP is voluntary.

3 Likes

Conforming to a stereotypical preconceived image of a grandfather is not my idea of living my life to my own satisfaction. I had enough of conformability until I retired at 60 from my day job and since then I’ve had a sod-it-all kinda attitude and either accept me for who I am or there’s the door👉

3 Likes

“Hey Mum what happened to that crazy old geezer who used to climb trees.”
“Don’t worry they locked that nutter up as soon as they got him down.”
I can see this conversation happening. :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

Don’t climb trees but I do climb those fake rock mountains!

I think it should count!

5 Likes

It only counts if you’re not supposed to be doing it.

1 Like

Well, since you put it that way, there was this one time where I ran barefoot through the bushveld to try and escape a warthog and raced up a tree
:069:

You are as young as the person you feel

1 Like

I’m feeling nothing :rofl:

1 Like

Hell my whole life counts then. Because I am never doing what I am supposed to. Who knew being a rebel could be so productive.

2 Likes

Um might want to word that differently. Just saying. Almost sounds criminal. :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

That doesn’t count either, Minx. :018:

Climbing trees only counts when it isn’t necessary. If you did it in order to escape a warthohog, it was necessary. :grimacing:

WTF climbing tree rules…I missed them…where are they posted?

That was the version my mum got. No warthog in sight :grinning:

1 Like

That makes me ageless then. :slightly_frowning_face:

They are unwritten rules, Danny,

1 Like

You cannot do that anymore, so the police tell me.:smiley::smiley::smiley:

I come from an outdoor culture. All warnings and rules must be posted and observed. Suppose you get attacked by a black bear because you wandered into their territory and when you tell the Park Ranger I didn’t see any signs he laughs and says it’s an unwritten rule. Nope doesn’t work for me.

2 Likes

Must be honst here, don’t get many black bears around my neck of the woods. :smiley:

2 Likes

I climbed a tree or two a couple of years ago to try & retrieve a kite. But failed to get my kite back :frowning_face:

I use kites to lift antennas into the air & was playing with a new kite that had been delivered earlier that day. A big gust of wind broke the 1000kg breaking strain line. :frowning_face: And my new kite went flying off. So I climbed a few trees to find it & then another to try & retrieve it. But it was too badly entwined so that was £50 lost.

2 Likes