Tips for growing old

People often ask me how I get away with behaving so immaturely at my age. Well the answer is simple; I refuse to compromise. Sometimes the temptation to conform to accepted standards can be very hard to resist, but we have to overcome our reluctance to go against the grain. As with most skills, practice is the key.

The next time you are walking through a park and get an urge to climb a tree, don’t let your inhibitions win. First, make sure there are people around to witness it. If not, wait until there are, and then just do it; climb the tree. Try to choose a tree that offers some possibility of being climbed, as falling to the ground in front of an audience without suffering sever embarrassment is beyond the scope of the beginner.

There it is; as simple as that. Just practice climbing trees in public places until it becomes second nature not to give a thought to what onlookers might be thinking of you. And remember; your objective is not to become good at climbing trees, but simply not to mind being seen doing it.

4 Likes

At the moment I think for me falling out of the tree would be the easier option.

Much easier if you start a Hug a Tree initiation first, infact do that for a few weeks Harbie and you’ve also now got your scent down, so the trees you’ve Hugged wanna hug you back. Kind of like people choose a mat with Welcome on it…
… What I have got into also is putting up and over on a branch, pick a strong one first though, throw the rope over the branch and make a swing…
You’ll soon get to see who wants to play swings and roundabouts, tis a saying in the real world, or who just wants to just gawk at you.
It’s all about using your Imagination…thinking young keeps you young.

That should go on a T-shirt… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Yes good thinking Trixie, with your artistic nature, reckon you could design the Motif…
written the song…sure it will be a HIT. with the Swingers :innocent:.

But you have to climb it before you can fall from it, Psmith. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can’t achieve anything significant by taking the easy way, Dianne. :018:

If you must hugs trees, do it while you’re climbing up them. :sunglasses:

Hmm, I seem to think I’ve heard that before somewhere. :thinking:

It seems to be a common theme round these parts… :joy:

I have no wish to hug or climb a tree, loved climbing when I was young, even fell out of a few but nowadays, I don’t think so.:smiley:

But don’t you want to be young again? Get climbing, Fraggle. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Possibly the worse advice I have ever receive in my life, how would climbng a tree make me, a 67 year old young again? :smiley::smiley:

@MrFraggle67

You never know, you may feel the Sap Rising :grinning: :biking_man:

2 Likes

Sounds good to me :icon_cool: I just hope when I get up the the tree I can get down again and someone doesn’t have to call the fire brigade.

1 Like

Me? Climb a tree at 95? I have my work cut out to sit on a bench under a tree

4 Likes

think i’ll stick to growing trees

@spitfire
My sap rises just fine thanks. :rofl::rofl:

Love it. :smiley::smiley:

That’s probably because this is the first time I’ve ever given you advice. :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you implying that there is more poor advice to come, look forward to as I have gone most of my life inviting advice both good and bad? :smiley::smiley:

I was about 55 last time I climbed a tree.

It was a beautiful tree, with branches outstretched just asking to be climbed, so I did.

Thing was I had forgotten that while I never had trouble going up, even as a youngster I had difficulty coming down.

I had to sit in this tree for about 20 minutes, until a young couple (late teens or early 20’s) came by. I called down to them that I was stuck up the tree, and could they help me.

The guy climbed up and helped me down, they seemed a bit perplexed about why a middle aged woman was stuck up a tree, and I couldn’t really give them a good reason why.

Haven’t climbed a tree since.

6 Likes

Best story yet. :rofl: :rofl: