Tips for coping with lockdown hair

I find a simple headband like this controls my hair when I don’t know what to do with it…

https://i.postimg.cc/1X3fmb81/wild-hair-day-3.jpg

From this -

https://i.postimg.cc/L4xJC4W9/wild-hair-day-1.jpg

• To this.

https://i.postimg.cc/3NfWd9G4/wild-hair-day-2.jpg

How do you keep you hair tidy in lockdown?

Photo would be nice but not obligatory.:slight_smile:

For us men, it’s just a decent set of clippers. I have already saved double the amount I spent on them and I’m getting the hang of them now.

I took hair clippers to mine a wee while ago…then dyed it. I like your hair back that way, Carol, it really suits you! :smiley:

Thanks Pixie.:slight_smile:

Oh my but you’re brave. I cut my fringe but that’s all. I’m thinking about a colour but not got round to it yet…

(Don’t suppose there’s any chance of a photo?) :mrgreen:

Yes, it wouldn’t do for men to grow their hair too long - especially if they’re bald on top! :smiley:

Pffft! No photo…it wasn’t one of my better ideas, lets put it that way… :smiley: Its gone all fluffy like a dandelion!

No sign if that so far. :lol:

Combover, thats why…! :twisted:

Well Carol, you saw my attempts to cut my own hair recently. It has lasted, sort of, but I keep having to trim the fringe.

I am on my hairdresser’s waiting list but have no idea when she plans on fitting me in. So might need to attack the fringe very soon.

I got an appointment for 20th April. It’s now been 4 months since I went, grey is half way down the hairs & hair is totally out of control. When the wind blows it I look bald. I hate it, it isn’t long enough for a pony tail & too layered to put a band on it. I would if I could.
I have been trimming the fringe very unevenly.:lol::lol:

My appointment is book for later in April too, Tiff.

I’ve been cutting my fringe, but nowhere else, so it’s quite long now, but I don’t mind too much.
I did a subtle colour about a month ago too, and I was quite pleased with it. :slight_smile:

How far back on your head do you wear your headband, Carol?

I can’t see it at all in your second photo and wondered how secure it fits your head?

I could do with something like that as I have over 3 weeks to wait fo my hairdresser appointment. :slight_smile:

I wear it just behind my ears. This picture shows it better.

Yes it’s very secure - stays on all day no bother.:slight_smile:

https://i.postimg.cc/1RGSWvYy/wild-hair-day-4.jpg

That looks lovely and it suits you… :slight_smile:

No - I wasn’t aiming that remark at you LD.

I was thinking of men like my neighbour. Hair touching his shoulders but bald on top.

Mind you he’s always been like that - even before lockdown. It’s his style.:smiley:

Thank you Mags. A few people have said they like it like that. I might not rush to have it cut…:slight_smile:

I agree! :smiley:

I love the headband on you. It looks great. Another thing you may wish to experiment with are claw clips and barrettes. It’s nice having hair toys. It makes looking after hair more fun and interesting. Don’t rush to have it cut. You just might find you like longer hair. You sure have nice waves for it. I think shoulder length would look amazing but of course I’m long hair biased. :-p

Thanks everybody.

It doesn’t seem like many of you use hair headbands/slides/combs/grips.
It’s good if you can cut your own fringe - I trim mine.

My friend Chris will not attempt any D.I.Y. efforts on her own hair. She is waiting for the hairdresser if it kills her! As a result she has straight & straggly grey hair in a side parting with what was the fringe held to one side with a single hairgrip. It looks awful but she’s not bothered.

I just can’t understand any woman who can’t/won’t do something her own hair!

She knows I think it looks awful and she agrees with me but just shrugs it off…

Maybe she is waiting for the stunning before and after pics! Some folk would just rather leave things to the trained professionals rather than attempt anything themselves. Which is fine, each to their own I suppose. When my fringe was longer (before I zapped it), I did use a hair clip to shove it out of my eyes, but I looked about 9 years old!