Tidy house, tidy mind?

I have never owned one, though probably my own fault since I divorced my last one.

My kids all have and use them but I was surprised to find that a cousin used one (in the UK), he, like me, lived alone (after his wife died).

He just kept adding dirty dishes every day until (I presume) he ran out out of clean dishes or filled the machine then set it off when he went to bed. I was quite tempted by this but generally speaking my entire day’s washing up is two bowls, occasionally a plate, a couple of spoons, a knife and fork and a mug so it hardly seems worth it.

1 Like

Indeed why bother :grinning:

3 Likes

Concerning dishwashers, karchers and leaf blowers, aren’t we supposed to be saving energy?

Tidied up a couple of lose ends this afternoon, that has definitely enhanced the mental state!

dishwashers definitely save me energy.

1 Like

But don’t burn calories.

so carbon neutral

And we breath out carbon dioxide - bad for the planet - So breathing too much while doing exercise is not recommended by the green party…Neither is flatulence producing Methane…So perhaps eating less calories will also help the planet…Remember what is happening to our cows? And they only eat grass…What does that say about the vegans and vegetarians? Get some pies down yer…
:dumpling:

1 Like

Foxy, I had a pasty like that for dinner, it was yummy!

1 Like

I have that problem as well. Not just on flat surfaces either. :grinning: :grinning:

If OH was still alive, it wouldn’t have been permitted here. :grinning: :grinning:

You didn’t say what model your cousin has. A dishwasher must suit your needs. A model with a body width of 60 cm is probably too large for a one-person household. In this case a 45 cm or a compact model that is even smaller is better. If the model has a good range of programmes and a half-load mode, it’ll help you save energy and money. Is your list really complete? Don’t you use a pan and glasses? You won’t need too many dishes if you use a 45 cm model every other day.

No idea, never owned a dishwasher, my cousin’s dishwasher I presume was left over from when he was married, they all look the same size to me.

No, I never drink water and only tea, coffee or beer, the former out of a mug, the latter out of the bottle. I rarely cook, if I do it is to make half a dozen meals which I freeze to heat in the microwave. So yes, I do use a pan but perhaps once a fortnight. If I have meat or sausages they are done on the BBQ outside which is scraped clean and a pair tongs need washing.

I also eat out a lot or buy frozen meals from the supermarket, the latter involve no washing up except for the knife and fork as they come with a plastic dish which serves as a plate (rinsed and thrown in recycling).

I took this a few minutes ago this is my entire washing up from yesterday. They remain there until used, If I need something again I wash it and reuse it, the glass (250ml) is used to measure water for my porridge and is actually never washed (I just fill it from the tap, empty the water into the bowl and put it back).

You see I would put dishes away because I am worried about flies sitting on a cup or plate. They are much safer in the dishwasher.

4 Likes

This picture reminds me of the Labyrinth movie with David Bowie when all the toys come to life :slight_smile: 2.40 onwards

1 Like

Bush flies don’t come indoors, I can’t remember the last time I saw a fly in the house. Mind you fly screens on all the windows and doors help.

They are hiding inside the cup

1 Like

So no need for a dishwasher then. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s why the Anglo Saxons were thrown out of Germany some 2000 years ago!

Hi

I am on my third declutter and reorganisation.

Today I am dealing with the 27 power leads I have in the lounge.

When I say I am dealing with them, I of course mean employing a teenager to sort it out.

1 Like