Thoughts on shopping for someone in isolation

I mentioned the other day the possibility of help for the most vulnerable …
'’ the government has said members of the Armed Forces will help ensure essential items like groceries can be delivered to people who are at-risk.‘’

Halfway down the page…

Give me your card and pin and I’ll get it for you Tabby…:lol:

You draw out as much as you can before you need to isolate. There have been reports of some people suggesting you give your card and pin number and taking more than they should.

The alternative is to do online shopping - but you may need to wait some time for delivery. If you have a helper who can buy just odd bits and pieces and rely on online shopping deliveries - that would probably work best. :lol:

Do as I do ST and have a pocket in Yer knickers where I’ve been hiding a wee stash of cash :wink:

There are many people who, due to mental illness, retardation, and/or alzheimers, simply can not comprehend what is happening and you want to put them in jail ? Shame on you. twisted:

Surely not Lindy…:shock::shock::shock:

Don’t forget it’s there May and put them in the wash…Perhaps coins would be the way to go…:smiley: Make sure the elastic is strong enough to take the extra weight though…:wink:

Aye,only coins…the £50 notes I keep under the mattress of My virginal bed;-)

You are a star, Foxy, I’ll just pop it in the post to you!:smiley:

I do not keep money in the house - not more a few pounds anyway - once burgled twice shy.

There have been reports of some people suggesting you give your card and pin number and taking more than they should.

Exactly. There have already been cases of that happening - and of the closed shops being looted.

The alternative is to do online shopping

Never for food - I like to see what I am buying and check the country of origin!. Besides which - the way things are going - I would be lucky to find a delivery slot this side of Christmas!

Until they nail up our front doors and/or start painting red plague crosses on them - I will continue to be cautious, sensible and non panicked - and go out to the shops!

As I’ve said a couple of times, my DIL to-be, has an NHS card with permission to shop early.

Off they went to their local Tesco this morning by 9 a.m. but they couldn’t even get in the car park. Queue upon queue and not a parking space in sight.
They eventually came away empty handed.

:twisted: dreadful…

Which is one of the reasons why I’ve set up a local support group. All neighbours, all known to each other, any risks minimised! :lol:

Last night, I went to get some loo rolls for a couple opposite me who are in their 80’s are very frail.
I managed to get 2 packets of 4 for them, but then weren’t allowed any for myself.
How do your local ‘supporters’ get round this?

At least one of our elderly neighbours put grocery orders online and another has a son who is ordering online for them - so they only need a few bits and pieces. Another apparently went shopping yesterday but will be fairly reliant on support after that.

I think if it comes down to it - you’d surely keep one pack of 4 for yourself and give one to them. Then perhaps keep a lookout for more and buy as and when you can.

Sainsbury’s online grocery shopping have a dedicated line for vulnerable .
From tomorrow you can register if you haven’t already and delivery slots will be made available .

Oh May - we used to have those at Junior school - horrid navy things. Never did figure out what the pocket was supposed to be for as one could not use it without lifting skirts and exposing knickers!!

FWIW…
I have mentioned that we walk a dog for an elderly, infirm lady. We also do a bit of shopping for her. Nothing to do with the coronavirus. It’s just what good neighbours do.

Of course you do May…:wink:

Take care and look after yourself May…:hug:

Christmas is coming early this year…:041: