Thomas Markle

Has had a stroke not good at his age .

I wonder if Meg will be going to make her peace with him? Hmmm

Now is the time if there is going to be a time poor old chap for him time is running out.

2 Likes

Poor man…has he seen his grandhchildren yet? I really hope his daughter gets off her high & mighty horse and goes to see him at least.

2 Likes

Poor man. I saw him on the Dan Wootton show a few weeks ago and he said he was hoping to come to the UK for the Platinum celebrations. he said he has still never met Harry or his grandchildren.

I am sure Dan will be discussing this on his show tonight.GB News. He has a very good relationship with Thomas.

All I can say is you get one Dad one Mom. I recall Harry saying a few years ago after Christmas think it was a radio interview? he said Asked if there were family traditions to explain to his future wife, the prince said: "Plenty. We’ve got one of the biggest families that I know of and every family is complex as well."

"She’s done an absolutely amazing job. She’s getting in there and it’s the family, I suppose, she’s never had."

It stuck in my head at the time and I thought what possesses him to say such a thing let alone in a public forum. Not a way to make friends with the future in-laws.

Now it seems neither of them have the extended family.

Meghan Markle hasn’t spoken to her father, Thomas Markle, in years and he’s yet to meet his grandchildren Archie and Lilibet

Will she?
Won’t she? (visit him in hospital)

My disgust for her will have no limits if she doesn’t

Poor man. He came across as a really nice bloke.

You can bet Meghan will put on the crocodile tears and try to capitalise on his ill health.

1 Like

Seems they were so close when she was growing up, time to put old arguments aside…while she still can, she will have regrets for the rest of her life if she doesn’t.

Dan Wootton wrote
“Samantha Markle told me: 'My father is recovering in hospital. We ask for privacy for the family, for his health and wellbeing.’”

Too right he should have privacy.
That unprincipled reporter, Dan Wootton, should stop trying to use Mr Markle for his own ends and stop writing about him. I expect Wootton was only getting involved with getting Mr Markle to UK so he could cash in by getting interviews and making reports about his visit.

All the extra stress of publicity and speculation about his relationship with his daughter will not improve the man’s heart condition.
Thomas Markle’s ill-health and the details of his relationships with his children and extended family should not be a topic of gossip for the general public.

1 Like

While I agree, Boot, I don’t ever recall hearing all this about their family relationships in the past, even though it appears to have been sour for years. This situation has really only really come to light since she married into Royalty, hasn’t it?
As usual, the journalists have their their wooden spoons to have a good stir with. :roll_eyes:

Boot I agree and didn’t he have a heart attack just before the wedding and that’s why he couldn’t attend.

Worth listening to this from 2.30 in where he say, Harry, owes him, the royal family owe him, Meghan owes him.

There’s loads of different interviews, documentaries, etc that he’s given all containing lies and he gets paid for them.

None of really know who is telling the truth.
They do appear a pretty disfunctional family to me, though, with a lot of bitterness there.
It’s just a shame when family gripes are aired in public.

1 Like

Mups I agree and blame the media for everything. It’s all just speculation and gossip.

1 Like

What is not lies is that Thomas as Markle raised her , sent her to private school and helped her get jobs.

4 Likes

Ever the publicity whore, Megan chose to visit the scene via private jet, of the Texas shooting rather than visit her ailing dad even though he was a lot nearer. She also made sure she stood out from the crowd in her designer clothes. She didn’t even have the courtesy to remove her hat when she was laying flowers down at the vigil.

2 Likes

The bottom line remains that while we might criticise Meghan we do not KNOW why she has adopted the position that she has with her father. She might have a very good reason.

2 Likes

Good grief Todger. That’s twice this week I’ve agreed with you. :smiley:

I have said before, none of us know what has really gone on in that family. We all only have reporters versions, and do THEY really know even?

I can’t say I like what I see of the woman much, but in all fairness, I bet there are some on this very forum who have family rifts too. I don’t mind saying that I, for one, haven’t had a conversation with my brother since he was such a toe-rag when our Mum died in 2014.
Some may gasp, and think that is wicked, but like I said just now, they don’t know the truth.

Which would be worse - for Meghan to pretend to be all lovey-dovey with her family and have everyone say its false, or she’s after something, or her be open and above board about the family rifts? :thinking:

4 Likes

What’s the saying you can’t choose your family.

That’s true but those two are hard faced in the extreme how can they show their ungrateful faces I don’t know.