This is what a huge number of people think about the toad, Farage

i don’t think that we should insult our native wildlife like this. What would the toad think if it was called a Farage? Toads are very useful in controlling pests like slugs. If Nigel Farage was a slug I would be quite happy if the toad was eating it/him!

5 Likes

Got to admire his love of the dictator Putin. Shows that Farage would be such a lovely PM. Not.
Shows also that he really does not understand things.

a Reform spokesman said on the radio the other day that Reform would continue to see Russia as a threat and continue to support Ukraine, recognising the risk to Britain of an expansion of Russia. So Reform see Putin as a threat. I think their main objection is the amount of money being spent on the UK’s contribution. But there wasn’t any praise for Putin in the interview.

1 Like

Folks don’t like to think, they might be part of a problem, not the solution.

1 Like

Farage is absolutely right, and so is Spitty… :+1:
Watching the Farage interview on the beeb last night, he ticks all of my boxes, such a gent…
It’s a pity that there is no Reform candidate in my ward, however, the social democrats seem to follow in Reform’s footsteps and they will get my vote.

1 Like

Well he certainly seems like the man for you - given that he seems to share your admiration for Putin.

1 Like

I am what is often referred to as a “floating” voter - I like to listen to all the arguments and then make a decision as to who I vote for. Having listened to Farage I can’t say he impresses me, although I can see how he would appeal to many. I have had visits from Labour and Conservative candidates in my area. The Labour candidate didn’t impress me, couldn’t or wouldn’t answer my questions, didn’t listen, actually talked over me and eventually just walked away. The Conservative candidate, not only answered my questions regarding his parties policies, he also listened to and discussed my concerns - as an individual he impressed me.

Has he said he admires Putin? I thought he was just repeating Kremlin propaganda. The Kremlin propaganda machine has a great deal of experience.

1 Like

He said he dislikes Putin as a person but admires him as a political operator for taking control of Russia.

1 Like

I couldn’t find that comment in the interview, but I have found these youtube clips. It’s interesting that he refers to “the Ukraine” which is the old term for the region pre-statehood, rather than recognising Ukraine is a sovereign nation. It is again parrot-fashion Kremlin propaganda. He says Russia is a “strange country” and we don’t understand it. That Russian people are scared of being invaded. Funny thing is a lot of Russians continue to be obsessed with US culture and lament the reduction in access of western goods. The chap I follow who was vlogging from Russia has now fled to Thailand, one of the countries which accepts Russians on long term tourist visas. He is desperately trying to find a legal route into the US.

This “clarification” was made during an interview with Nick Robinson.

1 Like

Yes it was Sheila… :+1: But like Nick Robinson and one or two on here, who are trying to put words into Farage’s mouth. Farage handled the situation with dignity and polite discussion, he was never drawn into a slanging match. Listening to questions and not talking over the interrogator. Which is how Nick Robinson came over.

1 Like

I’m sure Farage thought this re-reading of what he previously stated would extract himself from the (correct) criticism. However, reflected on that ‘taking control of Russia’ and how Putin achieved that, does not exactly make you appreciate Farage’s judgement. What Farage is saying is that he admires the taking over all media so that only Putin propaganda can be broadcast, locking up detractors and critics, locking up or simply killing opponents, creating an oligarchy of billionaires who take all the money from the state and feed Putin his cut, knocking off oligarchs who don’t toe the line, stealing hundreds of billions from the state for himself, using secret service to ensure voting is rigged so he always gets in, changing the rules of the state so he can be prime minister for a bit then return as president, killing off business executives who did not go along with him, taking over the companies of those business executives. I’m barely started on the admirable actions of Putin.
There you are - that’s what Farage admires. He made sure of that clarification so we can be certain that no-one is putting words in his mouth here.

That’s Nick’s job though isn’t it?

I’ve found the full interview (warning : contains 27 mins of Farage). The comment is at 4.15. Does he also admire Kim Jong Un etc? It’s impossible to say whether Putin has control of Russia because state unapproved media content from there is now banned. Russia has never really recovered from communism. Just when they could have encouraged inward investment they started going the other way. Putin seems more worried about keeping the world out than making it into the great country it should be. It’s in the past been seen as a result of the Byzantine influence on the culture. It’s all about Latin vs Greek. I guess Latin = EU. The “Third Rome” in Moscow idea was a result of the fall of Constantinople to the Turks. It’s quite interesting how much the past controls the present and how that past culture is so powerful that even Farage is in the grips of the “romance” of the Russian mentality about its own history and status.

what Farage is saying is that he admires a virtual dictatorship

The comments mean he is all over the news and getting lots of free publicity

1 Like

I actually agree with you about Putin - not a “politician” to be admired! I put politician in quotes because he is a dictator who uses intimidation to get elected. How many of his critics have fallen out of high windows or had other accidents.

Are we making unsubstantiated accusations against Nigel Annie?.. :018:

it was an innocent question OGF. One that anyone who watched that interview might ask.

2 Likes

Only if you want to make him look foolish and score points against him.
Why would you think that anyway?
The Ukraine was allowed to become independent during the break up of the old CCCP, they didn’t expect it to become another US state…I can see what Farage meant, it’s just unfortunate that the people who want him silenced have to resort to dirty tricks to do it. The same people who denounce the Labour and Conservative governments, but then won’t accept that there might be a better way, so they’ll not contest the two party situation.
Nothing to do with North Korea…

https://x.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1804414654455726383

https://x.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1804120685796532641

https://x.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1804056548295012627

Nigel does best when being dissed. The deliberate plot by Ofcom shows that a trusted organisation cannot now be relied upon to be objective. Not fit for purpose. Farage really gets them rattled.

1 Like