This is what a huge number of people think about the toad, Farage

“has got to be”?!? No, there is no evidence that someone like Farage can move from objecting and being against something into leading a serious and effective government.
According to your replay of Reform’s policies - they do not want a wealth tax but aim to pay off national debt, they want to end environment and pollution measures but must adhere to international climate commitments, they want to withdraw from overseas actions and support … but somehow want to be a great global nation. These are not thought through plans and do not reflect a party capable of government. Farage wants to be the eternal campaigner against stuff, not the one in charge.

I’m sure someone called him a heckler…

Farage won’t get to form a government so that isn’t an issue - my hope is that enough people vote for Reform to enable it to become part of an effective opposition to dilute some of the extremes of what will inevitably be a Labour government ruled by those on the extreme left of the party (eg Raynor) due to Starmer not having the ability to maintain authority. As I said in an earlier post, whenever Starmer is asked serious questions he looks like a rabbit in the headlights - trying to please all of the people all of the time just doesn’t work as I am sure he will eventually discover. As for the Conservatives - what can I say except that they are a spent force - Sunak is the final nail in their coffin.

3 Likes

It strikes me that your assertions about Starmer and the Labour party lack substance. Starmer has been accused of purging left wingers from his party more than he has been accused of having no authority. The primary power base after the election will be Starmer as PM and Reeves as Chancellor, hardly extreme. Those on the left of the party would have preferred a much more left leaning leadership. Given all that I can’t work out how you think it credible to talk about extreme left wing Labour in power. Sounds a lot like scare-mongering.
But you are right that Farage won’t get to form a government. What he will get is a splintered Conservative party that might take more than 5 years to regain itself as a credible opposition.

1 Like

I was thinking of the Diane Abbot saga - he just couldn’t get rid of her, if he’d have left it she would probably not have stood anyway. Apparently, Raynor was very persuasive in this case. I don’t think I’m scaremongering, it’s just the way I see it at the moment - I wish it wasn’t so.
I agree with regard to the Conservatives though I think it will take longer than 5 years. There doesn’t appear to be a credible leader in sight at the moment.

Starmer is pure evil, among other hideous acts he chose to fly to Africa to defend a man who buried his step-son aged 2, alive.

He made Labour staff redundant in 2021, the same month he said a Labour Govt would ban zero hours contracts, then re-offered the roles on insecure contracts.

Rishi is way more moral and has never done anything like this.

One reason I struggle with so called Progressives is their duality; giving tribe members way more moral latitude than conservatives are given.

2 Likes

The Tories have had fourteen years latitude :icon_wink:

3 Likes

10 Likes

Thank you for that post. This is the role of the populist - present themselves as the salve to the woes of so many, but in actual fact be part of the problem. Or worse.

They have achieved turning the two opposition parties into Tory B-teams and created an exciting new far right party as well though.

1 Like

The population have done that (with a bit of encouragement) depends where you sit, (or stand) if its a bad thing or not.

I live in Florida but I like Farage. I would hope that he would try to keep his promises if elected.

1 Like

Lincolnshire sometimes people will surprise you.

1 Like

Two weeks into election, just one flyer from Labour. :thinking:

1 Like

Nothing from any of them through my letterbox, not that any would make a difference to me.

I‘ve received one from an Independent who stood as Conservative in the Council elections - I think I’ll give him a miss.

2 Likes

Which other “hideous acts” I wonder?

Maybe a little bit of additional information might have been useful. K. Starmer did not “defend” the convicted murderer (from what I found online) but rather prevented the man from being executed.
According to “Who We Are | The Death Penalty Project” K. S. seems to be against the death penalty. I cannot read that “he defends a murderer” into that. Can you?

2 Likes

He did say Israel had. the right to cut off power and water to Gaza.
(which he has since denied but it is on youtube)
That is quite a hideous statement to make I think.

1 Like

Thank you for that link. I certainly do not want to split hairs here (esp. as a non native-English-speaker) and I am not a lawyer. However, all I can read out of that statement is, that K. S. claims that “Israel has the right … but everything must be done within the law.”.

I would like to know if Isreal actually has the right to cut off supplies, judging solely from the juristical point of view. If that were the case then K. S. would (IMHO) not “support” the cutting off.

Of course my personal opinion is that supplies must never be cut off as too many innocent persons would suffer.

it’s pretty much exactly the official line of the Tories & government.

2 Likes