These Storms

Here’s a treat for us all …

The Restless Temple in Cornwall … a piece of wobbly modern architecture that might shake, rattle and roll for us tomorrow.
It’s night time as I post this so there isn’t much to see right now.

This is a bit of a bummer …

At winds of over 60mph the temple is temporarily chained down…. (see below)

STOP PRESS! 24th December 2020 After five and a half years of surviving wild Cornish storms and the day the UK finally broke off from the EU – one of the 14 pillars finally crumpled to bits. As a result the pendulums will be locked off for a few months while the temple is renovated.

3 Likes

That will be interesting to watch tomorrow Morti, I remember you posting that before. :+1::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve just seen it might be locked down at winds of over 60 mph. :slightly_frowning_face:
That’s spoilt my fun. I shall have to watch and see.

1 Like

Oh dear, that’s a shame…. but the thought was there :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Dudley did knock a panel out of a fence up the road.

That is a very impressive low. I hope you are all safely battened down and warm:

Woke at 3am expecting all sorts of nasty weather as forecast on the BBC yesterday evening, not a breath of wind, not a drop of rain and not a flake of snow, feel silly tying myself to the bed now. :smiley::smiley::smiley:

6 Likes

Getting wild here now

The weather 's OK here in Lancashire - it was dull & cloudy earlier, but that’s cleared to have a fair amount of blue sky
No rain or strong winds yet.

So depending on how it long stays like this I’ll either stay in with my hobbies or go into town and do some shopping; and for now it looks like the shopping and breakfast in Wetherspoons is the favourite

Same here Rhian.
Heavy rain just started to, really lashing against the windows.

Bit breezy here in Bristol blue skies some cloud. Not the strong winds yet……
Just watched weather updates and they have reporters along our local Red areas and I can’t believe the number of people that are just hanging around the promenades with waves crashing over. :+1:

Hi

We have had the heavy rain overnight, just showers now, but the showers are horizontal.

The wind is getting up now, over 50mph and forecast to be over 70 in a couple of hours…

I may have to cancel my skydiving today. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

It isn’t too bad in Cheshire, where I am, but the weather reports say that the winds will be much stronger by noon, so the cats & I are staying in where it is warm.

Winds very gusty but blue sky above , the clouds are grey and moving fast . Not the black sky I was expecting . I can feel my little house shivering and we are in the middle of others . I wonder if high rise flats sway ?

Hope you are all ok

I just checked out your link at 08.42 this morning - I don’t know what the wind speed there was but the tree tops were blowing about quite a bit and the temple columns were rocking and rolling quite a lot!
I have never seen or heard of this unusual “temple” before - it’s oddly mesmerising to watch.

North Devon here about 20 miles in land from the coast, bright and sunny blowing a gale but not excessively, been out for the Alf walk not too bad at all, lack of people about though .

Morning all.

Such fun trying to open up a poo bag in the wind, lol. I always use a poop scoop and put a fresh bag on it each time.

It’s pretty windy here in Plymouth now, really blowing a hooley (what is a hooley? :102:). None of our grandchildren’s schools are closed, so they’ve all gone in, but my daughter’s school has closed, probably because it’s a special needs school, and children are brought in by bus and taxi from all over the area, including from Cornwall.

Just heard that my ex DiL’s garage roof has blown off. Quite funny, actually, because my son had just popped round with some of his elder son’s things, and he was telling her to stop worrying about the kids and the storm, they’d be fine, etc. etc. Then there was this loud bang, and they looked out and the garage roof had gone. But given that he’s her landlord, he shouldn’t really be laughing, because he’ll now have to shell out for the repairs :joy:

Its hit up here now in N Devon.

1 Like

It’s really scary here in Exmouth, Devon. Can feel the house shaking.