These Storms

I’m getting a bit concerned about these Storm Eunice warnings for tomorrow.

They said on the news lunchtime that it has changed to a red alert here, a danger to life, and possible 90 mph winds. People are being advised to stay indoors. That’s a bit frightening.

Did anyone here get any damage from ‘Dudley’ yesterday?

No, no damage here in Bristol area was very windy.
Guess if it’s not essential to go out tomorrow then best to stay safe indoors :+1:

Glad you were OK, Chilli. It does worry me though Chillie. I hate it when its during the night and can hear things blowing about and can’t see what’s happening.

Bin day tomorrow too. Bet the poor dustmen won’t find half the bins, they’ll be scattered everywhere!

1 Like

We have had strong winds but, so far, no damage. Storm Eunice is expected to be in the lower half of the country and we are in Yorkshire so maybe we won’t get the brunt of it. I don’t which part of the country where you live.

Northamptonshire, Besoeker.
Seems we are going to cop it, starting around 3 a.m. tonight.

Just heard another report saying the S.W. will now be hit the worst . . . .

Thanks for that. That’s cheered me up :joy:

1 Like

Sorry . . . :frowning_face: I should think before I open me mouth.

1 Like

It’s fine just kidding. It is what it is :+1:

1 Like

We’re fine after Dudley - just a few twigs blown off the birch tree that’s all.

No I haven’t had any damage, just a lot of wind & rain
But I phoned a friend on another matter, and he was up in his attic mopping up & bailing out the water
It wasn’t serious damage, but the wind had loosened a couple of slates and the rain was being blown underneath them

I have food so I’ll probably stay indoors for the next few days

My flat is on the first floor and overlooks a park, so it’s quite nice sometimes to sit in the warm with a cup of tea and watch the wind & rain blowing across it

I’m going to nip up the Co-op and get a few bits now, so’s I don’t have to go out tomorrow. :wave:

3 Likes

The South West and Wales will be the hardest hit. Hamptonshire probably not as bad but batten the hatches down!

What storms?

It’s just cost me £400 for a new side fence after last storm a couple weeks ago I hope it doesn’t blow anymore fencing down.

Stay indoors and stay safe x

There are calls for everyone to stay indoors tomorrow yet the schools are to remain open and those that work will be expected to turn in. :man_shrugging:

It’ll be what it is, I’m in N Devon.

1 Like

Yep doesn’t look good. Keep safe :+1:

1 Like

You to, we have done our shopping today instead of the morrow, out with the dog in the morning though.

1 Like

I’m in South Wales-hope I’ll still be here after tomorrow!

2 Likes