These Storms

Eek! Just what I didn’t want to hear Mups. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have checked the garden that there is nothing loose to blow around. We definitely won’t be going outdoors tomorrow either. I worry about tiles coming off the roof and the trees at the back of the garden.

I hope everyone stays safe.

1 Like

… … and keeps their insurance details handy just in case.

1 Like

I will check the weather hour by hour and get Holly out when the winds are not so fierce. She says, hopefully.

Everyone, stay safe, please.

Supposed to be snow up here in Scotland rather than gales.
I have a funeral to go to so hope it is not too bad.

Nothing too bad here in the far north, few tiles off the roof and one of the barns has some loose guttering but Himself sorted that earlier today. Makes a change as we usually get a good old wolloping from the storms.

1 Like

Good idea LD :+1:

1 Like

All schools closed tomorrow in North Wales
And public transport…
Advice is to stay at home

Did all my shopping after school too because I’m not moving from here tomorrow

Stay as safe as you can everyone x
If you have to go out… do it as safely as possible xxx

1 Like

Hi

No trains tomorrow locally and no replacement bus services, forecast is for 70mph winds and the river upstream is just starting to overtop.

If there is as much rain as forecast I envisage being cut off by local flooding.

Most definitely staying in.

The roofing felt of my late aunt’s dormer bedroom was ripped off and ended up in next door’s garden. Trying to get a roofing firm to put on a temporary cover till the storm(s) end.

I’m scared :sob:

Just stay in and keep safe :+1:

It’s not me I’m worried about it’s my poor housey and also worrying about my kids and their families.

1 Like

Guess we can’t help worrying about that. Not much we can do about it except keep fingers crossed :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My NDN is having to drive down to London tomorrow for his grandfather’s funeral. Not a good day for it. :astonished:

The school my daughter works in has decided to close tomorrow. Unfortunately her daughter’s school has not, and the worst of the gales is going to be all throughout the morning school run - 90mph gales. I’ve advised her to keep her little one home, but she has online training to log into and is currently in a ‘wait and see’ mode. I’ve offered to go and pick her daughter up from home once the worst of the winds have abated, around midday, but she’s still not sure.

So I’m rather worried, and really hoping my granddaughter’s school announces a closure tomorrow after all. It really is not looking good, with a red alert warning of danger to life, trees down, roofs off etc. etc. :scream: :pray:

I wish I’d bought a kite instead of a drone…
:anguished:

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Same here, Mags, the trees and the roof worry me too - that and the tv aerial fixed to the chimney.

I cant remember any other red alert in my life.

Oh dear, Judd, I hope you can get it fixed quickly.
Trouble is, after tomorrows hammering, I expect workmen will be inundated with urgent repairs.

As like as not, but I think the actual roof of the dormer section is 15 mm marine ply, so should be okay until the work is done.