These Storms

I realised we were being conned big style Rhian with the slow drip! drip! drip! of inaccurate fear mongering information spoonfed to us by the MSM and especially the BBC. The world changes with each passing day whether we like it or not, it is not our fault as we are led to believe, and we can do nothing to stop that change. Only a fool would believe otherwise.
Yes! we can each make a difference to the quality of life where we live by removing pollution and caring for each other, but with poverty on the rise many lives are going to be lost on this silly green crusade to save the planet, and I for one will not contribute to the oblivion and hardship of my children and grandchildren who deserve a life as good as the one I’ve been lucky to experience. We must fight for their future and deal with problems nearer to home instead of getting carried away and worrying about stupid global theories of doom and gloom that will never happen.

2 Likes

What do you propose to do about those rising sea levels (assuming that they are rising) Turn down your central heating? Pay more green taxes on your energy bills? Plunge people into poverty because they can no longer afford to eat, drive, or heat their homes?
And continue to be brainwashed by the cherry picked scientists that are prepared to push their agenda until everyone goes down on their knees and pays homage to the ‘Save the Planet’ revolution and the certain fate that awaits us in the future that we are all responsible for…Allegedly!

1 Like

A ridge tile off, and still up there in the most difficuly place to get to.

Two broken fence posts.

Not as bad as many around here.

Had to smile as some enterprising passer by put his calling card in my mailbox, saying he was a roof tile fixer.

He must have been out there checking for business whilst it was all going on!

I agree with you Annie!
We have been warned about Global Warming for years, by people who know what they are talking about, and all their warnings are coming true !
If government had placed stronger restrictions on burning fuels as fast as they restricted movements during Covid, these awful weather problems could have been less traumatic. Unfortunately politicians are more interested in keeping voters on their side, than saving the world for future generations !
Sadly there are selfish, know it all people who only worry about themselves, rather than thinking about what their children & grandchildren will have to suffer after they have gone.
It is easy to say " It has happened in the past and we can’t change it" . Why don’t they understand that climate changes in the past happened because residents on earth, at those times, did not have the scientific knowledge that humans now have? :angry:

1 Like

Still blowing hard and raining here, and forecast for a few more hours yet.

I looked out of my window this morning to see that a fence panel of a nearby house has blown down. It has fallen over onto an adjoining grassy area that surrounds a small car park. I don’t think anyone was injured, thank God, but I reckon about 30 square feet of grass will be pretty flat by the time it gets put back into place. I’m keeping an eye on the situation. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yep still hammering away it’s horrible. Poor people with such damage to homes and some no electric.

In my opinion, the “People Who Know What They Are Talking About” are not getting their ,message across to the right people.

The right people are the ones who stopped giving payback to those who put solar panel on their roof, the ones who installed hundreds of Windmills, everywhere and then saw them standing still, quite often, the ones who failed to build nuclear power stations and left us dependent on power from other Countries, the ones who are forcing us into electric cars - before we have the ability to generate enough electricity, the ones who have put the prices up in anticipation of what will happen.

That’s a long sentence - but incomplete!

It’s not the greatest idea to be the one of the leading Countries to make the changes. It’s essential that the biggest User Countries show willing First.

Just my opinion.

Just switched my candle off!

1 Like

Any chance that you could convince China, India, the USA and Russia to curtail their use of fossil fuels? UK PLC contributes very little to so-called global warming, even less now that most of our power stations have been shut down.

You ought to read what David Bellamy had to say. He said that man-made climate change is “poppycock”, insisting that climate change is part of a natural cycle. He was heavily censured for his opposing view and effectively became a pariah in the MSM.

2 Likes

The causes and solutions are one thing, but denying that we have climate change is another Judd. Clearly something is very wrong. In terms of Russia and USA I don’t know the details of their own emissions. Although clearly Russia or anyone mining in the arctic or antarctic or heaven forbid the moon(!) is nuts. But China and India along with places like Brazil have emissions due to the demand for mass produced junk that is sold in other countries. So it’s demand pull pollution. Which we do bear some responsibility for if we buy lots of this junk and then throw it away next year e.g. mobile phone mountains, laptop mountains, electric car battery mountains. etc.

Never mind the lithium mining pollution and obsolescence of batteries.

1 Like

Successful Countries usually have something under their soil which kicks off their wealth.

It’s a bit of a joke that we discovered some of those Countries, which went on to be the richest, and we let them drift away!

I think the folks who were already living there when we “discovered” them might not see it like that. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Late edit:

It seems I’m only allowed five comments on this thread, being a “new member”, so I am afraid it will be deprived of my valuable input for the remainder of its active life. Therefore, I take no responsibility for any disappointment caused. :018:

:frowning_face:

1 Like

Absolutely right on the nail, Ted. I’d love to see China, Russia, India, USA cutting back on the use of fossil fuels.

Apropos of the wind, did anyone else see the windmill that had been blown down last week?

Of course it will. In our earth’s relative terms, it was only a few hours ago that much of our land was submerged with only the very high ground exposed. This little planet of ours ages in cycles and until the next ice age, it will continue to witness rising sea levels which in itself influences weather patterns. Unless mankind comes up with a way of controlling the natural cycle of earthly happenings, we just have to accept the way it treats us.

2 Likes

I have to agree with LD, Earth’s next Ice Age is long overdue (by at least 1,000 years) if geological and ice core studies are to be believed. You can’t say that it’s today’s climate change that’s been holding it off either.

This chart (taken off https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/) shows how the Earth’s average temperature has been rising since 1950 but there are others that show we are now just getting back to where the Earth was about 1,000 years ago because of a couple of mini Ice Ages.

You will notice that both of the curves on this chart have very wide “degrees of error” built into them and the worst case scenario has the worst case error.

2 Likes

Even if it has been held off, that huge super volcano covering much of Yellowstone Park will cause such a kerfuffle when it does blow, as that too is about due for a major super ejection.

2 Likes

Dare I say I think it is finally beginning to clam down here . . .
Still ‘breezy’ and cold, but not such devastating gusts as we had earlier.

The local weatherman said some parts of this area gusted at almost 70 today, and that was more than enough for me.
Colder as the week goes on apparently, then back to frosts again on Friday night. image

I’ve been known to blow at 70mph :clown_face:
Don’t think it was as blowy as that here. although still quite windy.
It’s eerily quiet at the moment :+1:

2 Likes

Don’t think we’ll go there, Chillie. :grin:

2 Likes