These Storms

Don’t think we’ll go there, Chillie. :grin:

2 Likes

A lot of people say that Mups :nauseated_face:

Give ya baffles a good clear out did ya :+1::grin:

1 Like

According to wiki the next ice age is expected in 50,000 to 500,000 years time. They think volcanic activity ended the last one. Movement in tectonic plates is also thought to have been a reason.

To be honest I am far more worried about ecology, plant an animal life negatively affected by human behaviour. Particularly that of the oceans and insect life. Destruction of natural habitats such as the Amazon forest affects not just human but the whole balance of nature.

Did you not read the link that Percy provided earlier courtesy of ‘Spiked’ Annie…

Nope I was working.

Do you have one which is entitled “why the Covid pandemic is good for us”?

Do I detect a little sarcasm in that reply Annie…
:sunglasses: Naughty girl… :open_mouth:

Moi? never ! :wink: :kissing_heart:

I’ll believe you Annie, only because I like you…
:wink:

1 Like

works a bit like MSM then ! :wink:

2 Likes

All kinds of storms here lately

2 Likes

It looks very cold there Bratti…Brrrrrrrrrrrr
:skier:

1 Like

Like the pictures Bratti, especially the first one. :+1:

A calmer day here at last, but wind and wet forecast this afternoon.

1 Like

Well , Thanks Old Grey Fox I’m glad you’ve cleared it up for me. Fancy me like a lot of other people thinking the weather is being affected by Climate change. A conspiracy theory you say.
Blimey, have I been conned !.
There I was about to try and get out there and buy an electric or hybrid car, fit some solar panels on my roof and get rid of my gas boiler. Now it would seem I don’t have to bother and even better I can carry on having my regular bonfire in my back garden each weekend.
Great News …

If you actually read the piece I posted, you will have noticed the chapter where I mentioned that we can all do something to help alleviate local pollution, so the bommy is out Nexus.
And if you are one of the lucky ones who will be able to afford to buy and run an Electric Vehicle, spare a thought for all those who can’t. Neither will most of us be able to afford dumping perfectly good gas boilers for expensive to run, electric ones, that’s if your smartmeter doesn’t ration the amount of electricity you use.

No you are correct, I cant afford to buy an electric car and even if I could the set up for charging them is way, way behind where it should be. I read your comment and your saying it’s just weather, nothing to do with climate change , jet streams, melting polar caps , CO2 emissions across the world and a continuing use of the good old diesel and petrol driven trucks and cars.
Its just a local pollution problem !
So, locally if our pollution levels are reducing thats great and the rest of the world can carry on as normal. Excellent

Well if you can convince the Chinese, Russians, Americans and even the Germans, among many others, to halt the construction of their new coal fired power stations (I understand the Chinese are building what is claimed to be the largest coal fired power station in the world) and dispose of all their diesel and petrol engines, then good luck with that…Although it might be a little bit more problematic to stop the approximately, 30 odd active volcanoes that are spewing out as much pollution as man does in ten years, every single day…good luck with that then…Oh! and by the way…The UK’s contribution to all of this pollution is around 0.1%

Climate Change: China Plans 43 New Coal-Fired Power Plants | TIME .

Quote:-
China is planning to build 43 new coal-fired power plants and 18 new blast furnaces — equivalent to adding about 1.5% to its current annual emissions — according to a new report. The new projects were announced in the first half of this year despite the world’s largest polluter pledging to bring its emissions to a peak before 2030, and to make the country carbon neutral by 2060.

Do volcanoes affect weather?

Wiki:-

Yes, volcanoes can affect weather and the Earth’s climate. Following the 1991 eruption of Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines, cooler than normal temperatures were recorded worldwide and brilliant sunsets and sunrises were attributed to this eruption that sent fine ash and gases high into the stratosphere, forming a large volcanic cloud that drifted around the world. The sulfur dioxide (SO2) in this…

It rather disagrees with the current thinking (or at least the BBC and MSM) about global warming…

Great piece of copying and pasting here and an interesting read.
And yes its all just the weather as you say.
Eventually, the weather will adapt the climate into a planet where we humans will no longer
be able to live on. Then, it really doesn’t matter for all of us Over 50’s because we will not be around to worry about it.
Until then we all need to stick our head in the ground and just ignore whats happening.
As for China well they need those 43 coal fired power plants to keep up with producing practically everything we buy these days,
I’m off out in the morning to buy a used Volvo 240 2.5 ltr estate.
Great corresponding with you Old Grey Fox.

1 Like

I like to think it’s more a case of listening to all of the arguments than sticking my head in the sand Nexus. On the contrary, it’s the people who only consider one side (preferably the one the BBC and main stream media are pushing with their cherry picked scientists) who are oblivious to what’s really going on and why.
Good luck with the Volvo by the way…Good choice…
:sunglasses:

Hi

An update on how bad things where locally.

There is more rain forecast upstream, so all the defences are staying in place.