Theatre ticket dispute

A group of six of us from one of my face-book groups had tickets to see a show in May.
Unfortunately I can’t go now & have asked anyone else in the wider group if they’d like my ticket at half price.

Miss A wants to buy the ticket but has made no move to send me the money.
Miss B has possession of all the tickets as it was she who organised it.

I asked Miss B to send me the ticket so I could hand it over to Miss A when/if she gives me the money.
Miss B doesn’t want to send me the ticket. She wants Miss A to collect it from her on the night.

Can I insist the ticket be sent to me?

1 Like

You can insist as often as you want, but if Miss B refuses, then you are wasting your time. IMO it’s time to leave that particular FB group.

1 Like

Its your ticket you paid for it so it should be given to you to sell to whom you want .

Miss B sounds bossy :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Yes Miss B is very bossy. The outing was arranged a long time ago when she was a member.
She has now left the group following complaints about her bullying…

Has Miss B given you a reason for not wanting to send you the ticket?

I think she thinks she might sell it to one of her own friends if Miss A doesn’t have it…
It doesn’t give her the right to hang on to it though.

1 Like

Why not just tell Miss B to send you the money then she can do with it as she will and collect any money from Miss A

1 Like

I suggested that Melgal but she ignored it…

Are you sure that these tickets are transferrable legally?

Some can’t be sold on.

1 Like

Do you know her home address?

As if you have tried the pleasant & informal method of getting your ticket without luck. Then maybe it is time to send a written letter. Tell her you have tried & asked nicely, but that as she has chosen to ignore you. Now, you either want your ticket or your money, by a set date. Or the matter will be reported to the police as an act of fraud. You could also point out that if she does not respond, then you will also take her to small claims court for the loss of the ticket value, plus any expenses & interest incurred.

Make it very clear, that you have tried the pleasant method to get your ticket & that this situation is entirely of her choosing & not yours. Why should you lose out due to her?

Theatre tickets aren’t cheap, so I would want my money back. Try Gee’s method of persuasion, see if the woman sees sense. She is wrong to hang onto it without reimbursing you first, or getting the money from the next person interested.

I don’t see why it can’t be transferable, as names are not issued for tickets normally. Not like a plane or holiday ticket.

Have got too many nasty swear words going round my head about her to be of any further help!!! Unbelievable!!

Who paid for the ticket? Was it you or the organiser?

Everybody who was going gave the organiser the money for the tickets and then she purchased them all together as a block booking.

1 Like

Well, she might just want to keep all the tickets together then, or she might suspect Miss A won’t pay you and is trying to score a free ticket.

Or she might want the cheapie for one of her mates so she’s going to hang onto it until you confirm Miss A has paid, rather than you selling it to someone else or giving it to Miss A for nowt

But I think it’s more likely she’s planning if Miss A doesn’t pay she’ll give it to her mate for a freebie and you’ll never see the money! :rage:

Any which ways, the ticket is yours, so she should return it to you as you’ve asked but I don’t see how you can make her

I wouldn’t go round her house or anything, it could turn nasty and who needs that?

Better just chalk it to experience and not have anything to do with her in future

Legally, I think as she bought the tickets from the theatre, they belong to her and she can do what she likes with them? If you wanted to take it to small claims or something, you’d need proof you’d paid her?

What I would do is give her 14 days to give you the ticket or the money. In the letter (signed for) stating that failure to reimpurse or return the ticket you then you will take the matter to the small claims court ( it is a civil matter I would have thought) . Not only will you be claiming for the cost of the ticket but also court costs and out of pocket expenses.
The only problem I can forsee is you having to prove you paid for the ticket by producing a receipt. This could well be your sticking point. threat of court action might just work

I don’t think the police would treat it as a criminal offence as such

2 Likes

Ms B is probably making a tidy profit out of this theatre night, ensuring the punters never actually see their tickets, just get ushered through on the night. Maybe she hasn’t bought & paid for the tickets yet as she’s waiting for a last minute special deal on a block booking. Hmmm …

1 Like

Or hire an assassin if that fails. :roll_eyes:

Yup, interesting thought. Maybe everyone will turn up on the night and she won’t and there aren’t any tickets at all

Or she got a discount on the block booking and didn’t mention it to you so you paid in full and she pocketed the difference

Can I ask what the original price of the ticket was, carol?