The world’s greatest invention

What in your opinion is the world’s greatest invention and why?

I think the greatest invention in the world was the birth control pill

The birth control pill wasn’t just socially revolutionary. It also sparked an economic revolution.

What do you think is the world’s greatest invention? Share your thoughts

1 Like

nail clippers. i mean just think!

1 Like

omg, didn’t think it could be that bad

1 Like

Language, I suppose. :thinking:

2 Likes

What’s your favourite language?

1 Like

The sort that’s had some thought put into it before it is used. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What’s yours?

Sign language :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

The wheel.
The wheel was invented in the 4th millennium BC in Lower Mesopotamia(modern-​​day Iraq), where the Sumerian people inserted rotating axles into solid discs of wood.

3 Likes

Can I take that as a good sign? :thinking:

1 Like

It might have been if you took it! I flatly refused to take it, l was scared l’d get Cancer from taking it.
The fact, I have five children has nothing to do with it… we didn’t have a television! :laughing:

I think the motor engine and aircraft were the greatest inventions as they made the world our oyster.

1 Like

Difficult one that Minx… :017:
Do we choose the wheel? From which other inventions have resulted. Or the compass? That allowed navigation across the great oceans.
Perhaps the motor car, which enabled everyone to travel great distances, but will eventually be humans downfall. The telephone that allowed communications around the world. Or perhaps the internet, the information explosion, which also could be our downfall. Perhaps most inventions are the greatest in the world at their inception, but on closer inspection might not be as good as we first thought.

1 Like

You have a valid point there sly old grey🦊

1 Like

Humans are getting far too clever for their own good Minx, and far too expensive to keep.

1 Like

@Minx The atom bomb is mankinds greatest invention !
It put the fear of death in us ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Penicillin

1 Like

I agree, we’d be eye high in ankle biters if no pill. :grinning:

1 Like

The pin has to be one of the greatest inventions.

The pin, thanks to Adam Smith & his book the Wealth of the nations, holds a prominent part in modern capitalism. And I just love the juxtaposition of a pin holding capitalism together & a communist party badge in place.

1 Like

Not just one invention, many, including the wheel.

1 Like