The world’s greatest invention

The steam engine, and then the Diesel engine.

1 Like

The same people invented beer in 10,000 BC. :+1:

1 Like

Each tried and tested invention has it’s own place in the halls of recognition, but if I had to choose, then the accurate chronometer as produced by John Harrison. Accurate timing in life as we know it is essential and thanks to John Harrison for designing and making his accurate time piece and thus winning the Longitude Prize.

1 Like

Dunlop’s invention of the pneumatic tyre.

1 Like

I reckon they also invented some of the condoms judging by the gauge … Dunlop Weather Master with the non-slip tread :wink:

1 Like

womens knickers. Once on it is the devils own job to ************* :innocent: :innocent: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I can’t read star…whats that?

1 Like

How embarrassing.

You should have though about that before you put them on.

2 Likes

Written language. It has allowed mankind to record its story, to record and share knowledge and communicate with future generations. It’s something we all use every day. I cannot imagine not having the ability to read and write.

2 Likes

‘The pen is mightier than the sword’

2 Likes

Perhaps on a cultural level, but not on a personal one. :027: :grimacing:

1 Like

Dunno Harbal, the media can make or break you these days.

1 Like

I don’t know about that, Foxy, this forum is my only access to any media. If I don’t hear about it here, I don’t know it’s happening. :102:

1 Like

Yep, more or less the same here Harbal, but there are many good people who have suffered at the hands of some unscrupulous reporting. I don’t think you and me have owt’ to worry about unless we become famous.

1 Like

If you don’t know about it, you can’t worry about it. Blissful ignorance. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll wait until I’m dead; I always think posthumous fame is much more dignified. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes