The Tourist... BBC1

I’m interested to hear peoples opinions about the ending when its safe to chat about it without spoiling it for everyone

2 Likes

No worries Bathsheba I’ll keep an open mind .

I’m hoping something nice will happen for the police lady who is so needy

I’m hoping he has been framed and is a lovely innocent man

I’d like him and her to ride off into the sunset as a couple

Ok ok I’ll stop making fantasy endings now
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Haha, I was wanting all those endings too @susan_m!

Yes, that did run through my mind, but I think the complex plot was more or less 95% resolved, so I don’t know what they’d use for a new season.

Yes, me too!

1 Like

I have watched the whole thing now ( it filled time when I was only able do a minimum of task ) and was pleased to find unlike many TV series all the loose ends were tied.
I won’t spoil it for anyone but found the poignant ending appropriate.

1 Like

Oh, bugger, I really shouldn’t have read this thread until I’d watched all the episodes. We still have 2 to go.

2 Likes

Watched episode 6 this afternoon . Bit disapointed but it was good watching if not wierd . It makes me wonder who writes this stuff

2 Likes

I love that she sent him a burrito in a text… but did he die?

2 Likes

We will find out in season 2

4 Likes

Exactly.
It made him smile…so did she save him in time?
You choose…

1 Like

Yes but I’m not confident in my choices…I hope he lived

1 Like

I have a feeling that the ending was deliberately left open to interpretation to allow for the possibility of a 2nd series.
If that happens I don’t think I’ll bother

1 Like

Oh I do hope a second series is commissioned!

3 Likes

I want to know how the lady police officers life progresses…I hope she finds a really kind lovely chap in fact she could have her own series that would do me to be honest…

3 Likes

We are watching this and enjoying it. Apart from the main man I am loving Helen, the probationary cop and the double act of “lemon” and the detective who is always disappearing to ring his wife.

It also reminds me of how vast Australia is with those long dusty roads. I bought something off Ebay and the woman said she would post it on her next trip to the nearest town which was something like 3 hours away.

1 Like

I watched it too and nearly gave up only for Helen the probationary police woman ,she was brilliant ,loved seeing her stand up to her pathetic boyfriend
didn’t like the ending I felt I’d wasted my time
I was reading reviews and someone said ,why on earth didn’t someone say your obviously from N Ireland so let’s start there ha ha ha and so true

2 Likes

Although a good few loose ends were tied up in the final episode there are still some dangling in the wind so, a 2nd series please scriptwriters.

1 Like

With nothing else that appeals elsewhere, I’ll try “The Tourist” tonight.

Already on Episode 4 - I like the Fargo/Memento-style plot, the lead actors and the cinematogrophy.

Series 1 finished but I had to find out what happened next … so, Series 2 … set in Ireland.

The twists come thick and fast: some funny, some cruel, almost all ludicrous. The Tourist is tautly plotted and performed with such flourish that it’s always engaging, even in its most implausible flights of fancy. Its no-holds-barred enthusiasm is hugely infectious.

By the time the fourth of the six episodes that were made available for review concludes, it’s hard to recall precisely how or why we ended up here. The creators’ penchant for a plot twist every 12 minutes or so, and a new villain being introduced just about as frequently, means the recaps at the start of each episode do a lot of the heavy lifting. But even if you struggle to follow exactly who wants what and why they are seeking revenge or a big payout, the show skates by on its charms.

The review says it better than I could … :slightly_smiling_face: