The Talk to Me thread

Well, not me specifically. Any Me who wants to chat in the thread but doesn’t want to start a thread themselves.

The thread doesn’t have a topic, so you can chat about whatever you want.

Some ground rules. No talking about other members (past, present or future). No sex talk. There’s another subforum for that.

If you want to chat about something, you can just post something you want to talk about.

I’ll start off with a topic, but it’s not the topic of this thread.

Who would win in a fight, a robot or a dinosaur?

2 Likes

What’s for dinner ? I’m not sure as it’s going to be a nice day, maybe a salad and chicken and baked potato perhaps …just because it’s Sunday does it mean having a roast !! …nooo. Have what we fancy I say :yum:

2 Likes

As I type, I’m eating spaghetti and chili. I wasn’t sure it was going to be good, but it’s surprisingly tasty for a makeshift meal.

Your dinner sounds yummy. :yum:

1 Like

a robotic tyrannosaurus rex ??? might beat up the flesh and blood version???

1 Like

Not only beat up the blood and flesh version of the dinosaur but also the humans would be goners.

Isn’t it amazing that humans made it past the dinosaurs?

hmmm so who would have made the robots? gad…just had a terrible thought; flesh eating robots…now there’s the stuff of nightmares…

2 Likes

I’ve seen some sci-fi where the dinosaurs survived the humans and became the sentient species. The dinosaurs could have created the robots in a sci-fi universe. :sweat_smile:

Will robots have to eat in your universe? I’ve seen some sci-fi where the robots have to get their nutrients from different minerals.

I watch a lot of sci-fi. :disguised_face: Are you a sci-fi watcher also?

Yes… I enjoy good sci fi… notice much of it is now dystopian
robots, cyborgs, androids, non-organic beings… AI. My understanding is that robots are not sentient whereas an android is sentient and a cyborg is a human with technological enhancements…think Borg on Star Trek TNG…

But could be wrong about the distinctions…

2 Likes

I’m firstly amazed there is a sex sub forum :grinning:but does anyone else like going out for breakfast?
I started doing it during lockdown after cafes were allowed to open and all the things I normally do remained banned.
I ate out three times last week and was in my local Wetherspoons for a traditional breakfast this morning.
When Summer comes I’ll sample other ‘Spoons on my cricket trips.

2 Likes

Ooh, I love that. I’m going to have to think on that more. Definitely agree with the cyborg/Borg thing. Thinking about it for a second, Data from TNG was an android and sentient. Was R2D2 from Star Wars a robot or an android? I’m guessing C3PO had to be the same as R2D2.

1 Like

Haven’t been out for breakfast in a long time. Used to go out every Saturday to a restaurant that had the best hash browns. I used to get eggs sunny side up, hash browns and toast.

One of my favorite breakfasts is something called a Dutch baby at International House of Pancakes (IHOP). It’s a german pancake. With lemon and powdered sugar. :yum:

3 Likes

That looks appetising :grinning:

1 Like

When out early I usually eat breakfast at McDonalds. It’s cheap & none are far from where we are at the time. We have several we go to after early car boot sales. I have the breakfast bun & depending on what I feel like either egg or egg & bacon & I get a fruit pouch too & a coffee. I am not keen on hash browns though. :grinning:

2 Likes

Some years ago I was partial to the Macdonalds big breakfast.
Haven’t been in one for years.
Do they even still do that?

2 Likes

They still do breakfast before 11 a.m, not sure about big though.

2 Likes

My town has the dubious honour of having the first Macdonalds in Wales.

2 Likes

This may or June might have a new puppy, it all depends on how many males are born. The breeder has people before us and they want males but don’t know as yet how many before us.

1 Like

i go Tuesdays for a fry up at local cafe,in Pontyates

2 Likes

I’m a steak and kidney pud & chips gal myself.

2 Likes

Love a Wetherspoons scrambled egg (3eggs) on toast, with a cuppa all for under a fiver. What’s not to like
I’m not a fry up sort but do enjoy a meal out where you don’t have to wash up.

2 Likes