The real reason so many flights are being cancelled

Apparently flights are being cancelled left right and centre, not because all the pilots were laid off during covid and have found other work…It’s because they refused to be vaccinated and were dismissed.
Probably the reason why the NHS is also struggling for staff. I personally know several nurses and hospital staff who left the NHS rather than having the vaccine. Apparently this rule has been suspended, but a bit too late to stop the exodus.

1 Like

Although I had both vaccinations and a booster, I agree that the choice should be left to the potential recipient. I know other people who have not had the vaccine and have not suffered from Covid (as I haven’t).
I believe that some people either have a natural immunity, or develop one from experiencing the viral effects.

3 Likes

My adult son refused all the vaccines. the rest of us had them. We all got covid recently and he was no worse than the rest of us.

3 Likes

I believe that, unless you have a pre-existing medical condition which weakens your immune system, the present-day Covid is no worse than flu or perhaps the common cold.
Like many other things, natural immunity will deal with it.

1 Like

the thing is if you want to have a holiday abroad being vaccinated is required like it or not. I am among those who absoluely hate having a needle jabbed into my arm the thought is far worse than the actual jab.

I’ve been vaccinated, I have the papers to prove it, and I’m pretty sure that those vaccines must now be ineffective. As long as the paperwork keeps them happy, I don’t care.

Had all 4 of my jabs, they are valid until 9 dec 2022. even then i still have to go and have a covid test within 3 days of start my holiday and be able to prove to the travel company

Rules changed on 1 June and you no longer have to take evidence of your jabs. We went to Corfu in June and didn’t have to take any tests or provide any evidence.

not with the company i am going with

1 Like

@JBR , " l believe unless you have a pre-existing medical condition"
I have thought that for some time now JBR !!
It seems the whole world panicked over nowt?
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

just look up the company requirements I am travelling with although the countries We are going to do not require proof of b ing vaccinated it is just the company is slow to change their rules

Vaccination Requirement
Full Vaccination (final primary dose, 14 days prior to travel) Required
Up to Date Vaccination (if eligible, booster dose received) Recommended
Required by some countries (see below)
Vaccination Documentation
(CDC Vaccination Record Card/NHS COVID Pass or equivalent) Required
VeriFLY Certification For select US/CAN itineraries (see below)
Testing Requirements
Pre-Departure Testing and/or Certificate of Recovery
Highly recommended - taken no more than
3 days prior to travel

I’ve had two heart attacks (so you would think I would be on the pre-existing medical condition list) and we both caught Covid last August Donkeyman, I thought it would be curtains…Although Mrs Fox and me were very poorly, we didn’t require hospital treatment and survived. Neither of us had any vaccines and still believe our decision was the right one.

4 Likes

@OldGreyFox , Good on yer Foxey!
May ye lang reek !
Donkeyman! :grin::grin:

2 Likes

didn’t you have a heart attack not long after having Covid?

It doesn’t though does it that s why people get it more than once .
I don’t believe flights are cancelled because of pilots not wanting vaccination .
A man who flies a plane is not afraid of a vaccine
They were cancelled because of covid .
Nor do I know anyone who has left the NHS because they refused to be vaccinated .

1 Like

I’ve tested positive several times and the last within a week of receiving my 4th booster. The 4th (Modena) left me feeling very rough for several days and now I’ve made my mind up enuf is enuf.

2 Likes

Oh gosh sorry to hear that . My last booster was Moderna and it also affected me quite badly so if the latest one is Moderna I won’t have it .

1 Like

No Annie, my first heart attack was back in 2004 and I recovered well and even returned to running, but only half marathons. My second heart attack was in 2014 and due to pressures from family had to give up running competitively. Although I carried on running just for enjoyment. During the start of 2019 I was having problems running and went for a checkup with a cardiologist. He told me to immediately stop running because the scar tissue from my previous heart attacks was causing my heart to run out of control. So following an MRI in December last year it was decided to implant an ICD which would control my heart beats and provide a shock to restart my heart if it stopped. Which was a strong possibility. There’s no doubt that catching covid in August last year hasn’t done me any favours, but I have resumed to taking long walks with some occasional jogging, I also cycle 15 miles twice per week and seem to be returning back to some kind of fitness. Thanks for asking… :hugs:

It’s not about being frightened of the vaccine Muddy, but what the long term effects might be. The reason why many sports professionals refuse the vaccine. There is also the question of being made to accept a medical procedure or medication. Just like abortions, it should be up to the individual to decide what happens with their bodies.

As we all know, it’s bad publicity for the vaccines, and side effects have been deliberately played down to the point of censorship, so if it was the reason that we are now suffering a shortage of pilots, the media is forbidden to convey any negative reports. If the media fail to report on major protests like the ones in Canada and Holland, what else are they not reporting…?

1 Like