The Queen Has Tested Positive For Covid

‘Your Queen’? I always assumed that you were from this country, though it doesn’t say own on your profile. In which country do you live, if I may ask?

God’s own country - Yorkshire!
I said ‘your Queen’ because I am not a British subject, JBR, I am Irish.

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that ST.
Well, we all have our cross to bear! :rofl:

3 Likes

… and me, l am Irish too but l am loyal to this country… England that has given me so much, so much opportunity and a brilliant life.
Like in the song… you love the one, you’re with!

3 Likes

:ok_hand::point_right::+1::+1::+1::hugs:

1 Like

I never said I wasn’t either loyal or appreciative of this country. All I said, truthfully, was that I am not a British subject. I have the greatest repect for your Queen and wish her nothing but the best. She is a remarkable woman.

1 Like

ST, I hope you realise I was only joking with you!
I’ve nowt against the Irish and have some Irish friends… as well as you.

2 Likes

Watch it you - or I’ll set the Mór-Ríoghain on you!

1 Like

What on earth is a Mór-Ríoghain?
Is it a leprechaun?

1 Like

So why did you emphasise the fact you were Irish and referred to her as, ‘your Queen’?

LOL - she is the Queen of war, JBR, even the leperchauns are scared when she walks about!

1 Like

For heavens sake - don’t be so touchy! My orginal use of ‘your Queen’ was not emphasied at all - it is a fact - she is Queen of the United Kingdom and I feel nothing but respect for her.

My saying I was Irish was in response to JBRs perfectly polite enquiry. He and I have known each other long enough for me to feel comfortable in replying to him with a little bit of ‘tongue in cheek’.

1 Like

Mmmmn, Who’s being touchy now?
Your use of ‘your’, was unecessary…

1 Like

I reckon you should change your username to Mór-Ríoghain!

2 Likes

Yes, for many decades, in fact!

2 Likes

Ladies, ladies, please don’t fall out.
I love you both… despite you both being Irish!

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Anyone who is obliged to hold a weekly telephone conversation with Bunter has my honest admiration.

1 Like

Must be better than the usual weekly face-to-face meeting between Monarch and PM though, surely?

2 Likes