The most stupid thing I have read today!

What a pity some people have nothing else to worry them. They complain about how using the word ‘dick’ may corrupt their sensitive little brats - who probably use it all the time anyway. How many of them can, hand on heart, say they do not use euphemisms themselves? How may of them use words such as poo, shit, wee etc.,?

I am glad York Dungeon is standing firm! (am I even allowed to say that??)

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/20607739.parents-ask-york-dungeon-rename-rude-dick-turpin/

1 Like

I use them all Tabby.

1 Like

Heard on local radio that York university is issuing a warning on the bible as it contains scenes of graphic sexual violence….

1 Like

I am glad York Dungeon is standing firm! (am I even allowed to say that??)

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::rofl:

2 Likes

Totally stupid people ! I think the current young generation use the word cock ( they’ll maybe be trying to change Who Killed Cock Robin if it occurs to them) opposed to dick … although plenty use the dick word as in dickhead .

I fear for Dick Whittington, Willie Nelson and Minnie Mouse……

2 Likes

That word will be changed to Richard head….

Dick Whittington, he was another. Absolutely disgusting.

1 Like

Time to reclaim the name!
It’s the rude meanings that should be cut out not the proper name.

I hope these daft parents are never faced with the prospect of reading a Famous Five book to their children - how on earth will they cope with reading about Dick and his Aunt Fanny?

5 Likes

So should change his name to Richard?

I don’t - wasn’t allowed when I was growing up and it sort of stuck, but a lot of people do, Susie, and I bet they don’t complain about Dick Turpin or Dick Wittington. Are we still allowed to say Dick Turpin rode Black Bess??

The world spins madder every minute!

1 Like

Along with Richard Wittington and Spotted Richard pudding? Definitely not. The Dungeon are right to stick to their guns!

I’m happy with dick … (but don’t quote me)

1 Like

Richard Turpin doesn’t quite have a ring to it.

2 Likes

Lets call everyone christened Richard, Penis to save confusion.

1 Like

I’ve already had one warning from bot today …

2 Likes

Now … Bot … doesn’t that sound a little salacious?

Only one? You are lucky - they seem to be stalking me. I am thinkijng of buying a tazer!!

@Zuleika rather than Richard head ( because that’s an American word for urinal ) it would have to be Richard Cranium

1 Like

And perhaps Anna Sewell should have been thrown in the dungeons for daring to call her book -
‘Black Beauty.’

P.S. . . just found this -

"Although animal abuse isn’t exactly a polarizing subject, it is believed that the book was banned in South Africa during the Apartheid era for featuring the word “black” in association with “beauty.”"

1 Like