The Most Important Food in an English Breakfast is.....?

Mar-mite? Pa will :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You raise a good point. I should have emphasised the flat nature of the lorne sausage rather than the square shape.

2 Likes

Heart attack guaranteed .

1 Like

not a fan of Back bacon, give me Streaky every time, and I like my egg flipped.

1 Like

Now I see 
 :+1:

1 Like

Yum! :yum:

Crispy bacon is the only way to go. US bacon is not the same as UK bacon. You wouldn’t want chewy US bacon. It would be really greasy, although some people eat it like that. They’re different cuts of meat.

Since this is slightly off topic, this is my contribution that’s on topic.

1 Like

no black pudding - hate the stuff. Plenty of mushrooms and hash browns are essential together with a dollop of baked beans.

1 Like

I feel ill just looking at a full English breakfast .
It’s got HEART ATTACK written all over it !
I do not eat pork of any description .
Not of any religious leaning , I just love pigs and could not eat one .
Hash Browns are some ghastly American addition .
Mushrooms tend to be slimy with butter .

I generally just manage a couple of slices of toast and a black coffee .
Sometimes ( not often ) I have a little fruit or Muesli and /or orange juice .

1 Like

ya all missing the bulls eye by miles [metres] - the most important food is love!! I thenk yu!

2 Likes

I have a slice of toast and black coffee
 very occasionally have a bacon sandwich hubby cooks it usually on Sunday but not every week.

1 Like

On Tuesday its usually Muesli.

1 Like

wot I really meant to say was real lancashire black puddings like my grandpa used to make [he was a butcher!]

1 Like

I’m surprised by how many on this thread dislike the black pudding. It’s the food of the gods and a full english is not complete without a generous slice.

3 Likes

Keep the black pudding and fried tomatoes, but anything goes for me as long as I have a bottle of ketchup at hand.

1 Like

I just love a full English Breakfast, but I try and reserve them for special occasions like when away on holiday, or the odd one locally about once a month. I reckon I wouldn’t enjoy them so much if I had one every day. Components vary from place to place, but I consider a fried egg the most important of all. Sunny side up and runny, but not snotty as Graham mentioned.
I don’t usually have black pudding or hash browns, but can eat them if required (I don’t hate them).
Bacon is best served crispy or I’ll cut of the fatty bits, I don’t like slimy fat

To me, a Full English is the ultimate breakfast experience, I can’t be doing with these namby pamby soya and musili sawdusty things. So Porridge made with thick creamy cows milk with a sprinkling of seeds and a generous splurge of honey is my everyday breakfast fix, with some toast and jam to follow if I’m still hungry or in need of some energy

I wonder if Maree would like a lodger for a few days? Her old mans breakfast looks brilliant!
:yum:

2 Likes

Please ! Scottish black pudding !

1 Like

Breakfast in a Bap is Good for a Snack:

:yum:

1 Like

That bacon is far too fatty for me Omah

:open_mouth:

1 Like

The bap looks good. I’ll just have that with a good sized deep red tomato from the greenhouse grilled with a couple of good Norfolk sausages.

1 Like

We sometimes have scrambled eggs for breakfast with a couple of slices of toasted.

1 Like