The Most Important Food in an English Breakfast is.....?

More bacon,no mushrooms for me

2 Likes

Hmmm … I’m unable to find cosher bacon :wink:

1 Like

Sausage is the bestist

ESET

:laughing: :icon_wink:

1 Like

Toast… just build around the toast and the rest will follow, don’t forget to be lavish with the condiments!

1 Like

More of everything, I prefer mansize:

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

Not a fan of fried tomatoes or black pudding, apart from that, anything goes. I prefer my eggs runny, but not ‘snotty’ (underdone). One vital thing missing - ketchup (and coffee).

1 Like

Not just English - Scottish works just as well !!!

1 Like

Rarely have a cooked breakfast, cereal is fine for me.

There are lots of places that do an all day breakfast so I occasionally have one for lunch.

2 Likes

The Most Important Food in an English Breakfast is

Porridge…organic jumbo oats with mixed seeds spread on top and a glass of Kafir the perfect breakfast for me every day of the year…

3 Likes

There is a good book “Red Sauce, Brown Sauce” by Felicity Cloake about the various British breakfasts (not just English btw). She travels to different parts of the UK to find out about the local variations and favourites. And who prefers which sauce alongside. If you like breakfast then this book will make you hungry.
Now that we’ve succeeded in widening the scope from just the full English (supported by Besoeker, ta) I would mention the famous Lorne sausage. Great in a full breakfast fry up and handily square shaped to fit into a breakfast bap. (Red sauce of course).

1 Like

No hash browns for me,but more mushrooms and an extra egg,also not fried.
I cook ours in the air fryer mmmmmm.

1 Like

Aren’t all baps round … :question:

1 Like

A bowl of porage made with Scott’s Old Fashioned Oats in the winter. Plenty of chopped fruit on top and a smidgeon of soya.

A good muesli, weetabix and oats with seasonal chopped fruit and soya in summer

1 Like

Fried bread in lard with a liberal sprinkling of white pepper :white_heart:

3 Likes

Sausage McMuffin. Yumm.
The ‘meal’ that adds a hash brown in a chip packet is too much :laughing: but you get a coffee

1 Like

Coffee is essential…I have to have three cups in the morning before I even exist :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, I used to go in Pret’s about 3 times a day because their filter coffees were 99p until last year, then I think they got wise as everybody did it. Now £1.80, although it seems to go up every day…

1 Like

Wow, that’s a can of breakfast worms :crazy_face:

There are loads of Facebook pages, Instagram groups and TikToks, even an English Breakfast all dedicated to the perfect full English, and no one ever agrees what’s perfect

Bitter arguments, one egg or two? are hash browns an American interloper? Is black pudding disgusting? what about bubble and squeak?:grinning:

And the big taboo, as per Alan Partridge, should the beans touch the egg?

It’s my old man’s favourite meal and his list is;

Two eggs
3 bacon
Fresh tomato
Mushrooms
Black pudding
Hash brown
Fried slice
Baked beans
Toast and butter

A bit like this

5 Likes

Alan Partridge on breakfast ….

2 Likes

I must admit I might be tempted by that at lunch time on a winter’s day. Personally I’d leave out the black pud!

1 Like