The Garden Of Earthly Delights

Not sure, but I think nude implies willing participation, whereas naked suggests exposure and vulnerability. Or something like that. :102:

2 Likes

Its funny how an infection focuses the mind. :biking_man:

Actually, Iā€™m listening to the explanation and itā€™s very symbolic for all the right reasons

1 Like

My word, Minx, when curiosity gets hold of you, you are unstoppable. :slightly_smiling_face:

is he aā€¦ wishing he wasā€¦ a healer orā€¦ a hole borerā€¦trepanning apparentlyā€¦
way to mad as a hatter

Sorry, if Iā€™m intrigued, Iā€™m hooked

1 Like

I found it disturbing as a child, but also satirical. Bit of sticking two fingers up at the establishment.

1 Like

So this is really an awesome piece of art!
I donā€™t think it matters if itā€™s naked or nude

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

in his day surely everything was about sin ?

1 Like

If that was the case in the 1500s then what would the case be now?

Sorry, this is the only ā€˜wokeā€™ thread at the moment so Iā€™ve pulled up a chair for a good conversation and to hear different perspectives

Not a fat lot changes, apart from everything else. :biking_man:

Is it a woke thread?
What exactly does ā€˜wokeā€™ mean. Sorry, I know Iā€™m off-topic but Iā€™m curious.

Donā€™t apologise, I admire you for it. :001:

1 Like

Woke means not being able to get back to sleep. :biking_man:

1 Like

There was likely more sinning in the 15th C than now. I mean they didnā€™t have TV or internet for a start. Or X box etc.

Well you would do, Annie. I was lucky enough not to be aware of its existence when I was a child. :slightly_smiling_face:

Apologies, ā€˜happening/interestingā€™ would have been a better word in this context

1 Like

Thatā€™s a valid point

Well my interpretation is that the first panel is how mankind started, the second is about what it has/had become, and the third is where it will all end; to put it simply.

2 Likes