The frozen planet

Last programme of the series on now .
It’s very very frightening seeing how quickly the ice is melting .
The wildlife is dying off as the ice is going they cannot live so sad .
We are doomed .

Yes it is terrible and yet I feel possibly no way back. It makes me so sad , our beautiful world and humans have destroyed her .

1 Like

Disturbing to see the BBC keeping up their agenda of fear and doomsday predictions based on mis-information and limited facts.
Do we all think that if humans had never existed on planet earth the weather would have been less extreme and kinder to the wildlife? No hurricanes or tornado’s, bushfires, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes or plagues of frogs? Do we all think that those poor dinosaurs were driven to extinction my something we did? Or was it an unprecedented ice age that engulphed two thirds of the earths surface. The farce concerning CO2 and its effect on the climate would be laughable if people weren’t so serious. As polar Ice melts it releases CO2 and Methane into the atmosphere at a rate that man hasn’t produced since his existence. Add to this the 30 odd volcanoes chucking out, not just CO2 and Methane, but large particle pollution. Why hasn’t the upper atmosphere become full of all this debris? That’s because nearly all of it (except Methane) is heavier than air and will eventually fall back to earth in natures poorly understood self cleaning cycle. David and the BBC scour the planet for damage caused by humans, but fail to mention the 90% of this planet that remains untouched by human feet or hands. When you consider that 71% of the earths surface is ocean and 27% is uninhabited terrain ie Mountains etc, that leaves just 2% of the earths surface occupied…Why doesn’t David show us some of that 27% that us humans have not yet polluted, mined, or disfigured in some way…Stop the pollution where you live, and let the planet take care of itself just like it has always done before we arrived.

1 Like

Go stick your head back in the sand old man and thank the Lord you have lived in the best time ever for mankind .

1 Like

Climate change is a fact & animals are losing their habitats & a lot can’t adapt due to where they live, this is fact.
We are making it worse by the way we live on this World. I think 50 years was mentioned if nothing is done by governments & public, but in 50 years how many of us will still be here, certainly not most of us on this forum & even their children, including my Daughter, unless she lives to be 100 that is.
I personally can see we are doomed, but not in my life time.
Meanwhile I do do everything I can to not do harm to our World.
If we humans ceased to exist at all, the World would slowly heal itself.

1 Like

Its you and all the people who are being manipulated by the MSM (especially the BBC) that have their heads well and truly buried in the grainy stuff Muddy. It’s the rich and famous who are putting everyone up to this, but it will be the working classes who will pay for their raping of the planet.

All media is biased in some way.Where do you get your information from?

Where do I get my information from? Everywhere Mr Smith…
Bits here, and bits there, and not least of which because I have been a resident of this planet for 72 years…However, there is lots of stuff circulating the internet, you just have to have an interest and listen to every side of the story, instead of what the MSM spoon feed us. Most people are happy to believe what they are told but I never have been. We all have a decent knowledge of what the atmosphere is comprised of, and how basically the weather and climate works, but when it becomes obvious that the media is using science to push an agenda alarm bells should be ringing. I could sit here and write forever about the great con that is being acted out on us, but unfortunately I must return to family life and the pleasures of Tesco shopping…

1 Like

The great conspiracy theory you mean ?
Which one might that be ?
I lived in the Far East for over two decades and saw with my own eyes the rainforest being decimated .
I have driven for hours through miles and miles of palm oil trees that have replaced it , barren of life .
I have seen vast rafts of the tree trunks being floated down river .
This was some forty years ago what can be left now ?
I have also lived in the Middle East and seen the lack of water caused by man boring wells and draining the big aquifers that stored thousands of years worth of rainwater . Once gone they will not be replenished .
We are as a species greedy and careless of our natural resources .
When we were hunter gathers there were estimated to be a million people on the planet , it was easy for nature to maintain a balance . Now we number nearly 8 BILLION . It is difficult to see how the planet can ever recover .

3 Likes

Of course, everyone in the UK wants a car, a nice house, all the electronic gadgets they can stuff into that centrally heated modern designed house that contains exotic foods from every corner of the planet…What did you think was going to happen Muddy?
No conspiracy here, just supply and demand!

1 Like

Well make up your mind , if you think that you must see how it affects the planet .
It’s resources are not finite .

Reducing the population would help.

1 Like

I can’t go back to check out the facts, and write a thesis, but I lean towards what you are saying OGF.

Once we’ve allows the population to cover every square yard, of the planet, and some go on poluting, as they do, we’d better have some way of cleaning it all up.

we’ve got some Brains, around, let’s get them restarted.

1 Like

Well what do you suggest ?
How about the obvious cull all the pensioners they are surplus to requirements, use loads of resources and are a burden on society ,
How about it Ted are you going to go out on the ( melting ) ice for the polar bears ?

Actually, there were vastly more species that became extinct and many more came into existence before humans came on to the scene. But I am not suggesting that we humans continue to destroy the planet. Or continue to increase the population to infinity.

There are other options, better options. An example in one of my fields - paper mills. Much of those are recycled from waste to finished product. And in Finland there are fast growing trees that means the tree recovery rate is stable. Then was the paper mill in Tiawan. They harvested the cane. The waste product was Bagasse and that got shoved into the mill.

That’s not what this study says .
Apart from the Dinosaurs who were wiped out by a meteorite apparently 96% of all animals that have become extinct in the last 100,000 years has been because of human intervention .

2 Likes

The paper industry uses a huge amount of wood, water and energy . The good thing is that some may be recyclable , I am dubious about the quick growing ‘ sustainable ‘ forests .
In Canada they are cutting down healthy trees to make wood pellets for burning .
They say it’s old unhealthy wood from ‘sustainable’ forests but an investigation carried out by Panorama found this to be untrue .

A few things. Aylesford newsprint, was the largest paper mill in UK. All of it was recycled. Water is recycled in all every paper mill I have known. It would be far too expensive not to. Energy? I suppose you know that electrical energy efficiency I took very seriously. as did others. The power electronics industry has changed hugely in my decades. I’m not suggesting that there are serious matters can, and should be, rectified. But at least some of us do make the effort.

The pensioners (us) that were a result of the baby boom will soon have passed and old folks will return to more manageable figures. Now we have reduced births which will eventually increase the need for an imported workforce. Which is actually happening now. You can’t just cull one area of society because it will just create problems further down the line.

I didn’t think you were into conspiracy theories Muddy.