The end of the earth

Are we approaching the end of the Planet Earth ?
We are running out of everything we have massive populations
In a desperate attempt to save itself the planet is fighting back with pandemics and climatic disasters .
I see no cure for the planet and the human race ,
I don’t know what my grandchildren will do .

1 Like

I very much doubt it, but the Earth’s presence in our solar system is finite.

1 Like

It has a history of massive extinctions.Humanity doesn’t make it better that’s true.

I think earth will survive the end of humanity
In fact, it will thrive with the end of humanity.

5 Likes
1 Like

This is a happy subject :scream:

2 Likes

IMHO Over population will eventually take us out. For simple reasons. It’s an exponential math problem, that’s growing. We will keep having children and our 3 children then become 3 families and so on. People are not going to stop having children. It’s unthinkable. But the amount of earth (land) is finite.
How many persons per sq km is the average density population of the world?

25 people per km2

In the map we see the number of people per square kilometer (km2) across the world. Globally the average population density is 25 people per km2, but there are very large differences across countries. Many of the world’s small island or isolated states have large populations for their size.Sep 6, 2019

3 Likes

It makes you focus on what is important though, Pesta. Keep your loved ones close and stay happy, no matter what. Don’t dwell on the worries of the world or negative people, just focus on the happy moments! :+1:

2 Likes
1 Like

Soon the only space we will have is inside our heads. or in a hologram :astonished:

1 Like

I blame it all on baked beans. Just think of what a can of baked beans can achieve. Immigration legal or illegal has increased to overcrowd at least the uk. Those getting to our shores are trying to escape the results of having too many baked beans in their own country. The proof is in the number of deserts in the world which people have left due to baked beans forcing people into more crowded areas.
Want more proof? well those in the EU keep making a stink over us and Brexit, again all down to baked beans.
Still confused about this post ? well eat a tin of baked beans and watch those around you slide away. :rofl: :mask:

2 Likes

I look on the bright side, there’s lots of fun & games to be had on planet earth for countless generations to come.

Your grandchildren will be absolutely fine. OK, they’ll grow old and start to worry, just as their grandchildren will.

We’re learning all the time: how not to do a brexit, how not to do pandemics, etc.

In my lifetime we’ve learnt how not to do world wars and lots of other stuff.

1 Like

I hon’t think it is simply an exponential curve.
I think there are a few aspects to this. Western populations are reducing child rate births. compared to a century ago. And China has a one per child rate now. On the other hand life expectancy are increasing. Then there there are the Sub-Saharan populations where they don’t want contraceptives but still have improved medicines.

1 Like

Have you been listening to that Attenborough bloke again!?

He gives me the creeps.

(shudder)

2 Likes

Thank you for your insightful comment, Realspeed…I’ll leave the beans for now as its getting a bit late. I will take your word for it, however. :joy:

And the story book comes to a close, gone are the ribbons and bows. :biking_man:

Oh shush you! We still have our stories to tell, laughs to share, love to fill our days. Its not over yet until…well…you know.

1 Like

Yes, I am Eagle eyed. :smiley:

Just glad the thread is titled, end of earth, not end of world, that is refreshing. :laughing: :heavy_check_mark: :walking_man:

What planet are you on then? :thinking: