Here are some pics of him…

As a pup:

B01_4229
B01_4230
B01_4231

Older here:

He was about 9 stone :lol:

12 Likes

Certainly chunky Azz, must have taken some feeding!

2 Likes

Here’s our last lab Zack, a wonderful faithful companion and a massive character, died much too young of cancer at 10 years old. We often speak of him even now ten years later, and there aren’t many days when he doesn’t cross my mind for one reason or another… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

A joyous spirit, RIP Zack…

12 Likes

Lovely dog and a big fellow - nine stone is almost 60kg! And I thought Max big!
Actually, there is a new dog on the street recently. He is a is Bernards and about 70kg. (about 11 stone or my weight)

1 Like

They can get quite big, but I he was on the slimmer side for a Presa (tho he did become a bit overweight at one point)

He was a very fit dog…

sequence2

His weight as an adult was around 50 to about 55/56kg @Besoeker (he was epileptic since a pup so the meds did mess with his weight sometimes - he was on daily medication and fit-free for 6 whole years, I was so proud of him for always taking his meds :049:)

Zack looks lovely @Barry - I know what you mean about them dying too young and always being in our minds :icon_cry:

8 Likes

We have a dog in our neighbourhood that is the image of Rocky, he is such an eye stopper, …you can’t help but stare at them, their physique is solid, and yes I reckon this boy weighs about that much.

That is the only one I have ever seen in real life, she was telling me he’s extremely laid back, they also have a lot of power behind them, so I believe best handled by a man, imo.

7 Likes

The breeder I got him off was a petit woman - and she had huge dogs such as some huge Boer Boels :lol:

I had first actually wanted an American Bulldog (as they were slimmer/smaller) but Rocky kept coming up to me, putting his paw on me then running away and he kept on doing it! All his siblings were there but he was the only one that did that - the others came for a play too, but the way Rocky did it just was so unusual - he basically chose us and I fell in love with him instantly :049:

3 Likes

I know exactly what you mean, Jack chose me, I took a chance on my chihuahua, found her in an add in the newspaper, phoned the breeder up, she delivered her to me, that puppy instantly made herself at home,She and Jack hit it off straight away, and she sure let him know that she was the boss and he accepted it, he wouldn’t dare cross her, so funny,:rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I can see why you fell in love with him! He looks like a dog that could scare anybody, just like a German Shepherd, but those sort of dogs are rarely nasty, unless they are trained to be.
He was quite handsome too! :smiley:

2 Likes

My very much loved big gentle boy, Elmo.
Broke my heart when he went.

This was Elmo’s son, Benny.
Another big softy who loved his Mum.

See how gentle my Benny was while washing with this tiny, 5 week old kitten.

Douglas (left) and his Mum - Dotty.

Think I’d better stop there . . . :smiley:

One more, this is Douglas as puppy. He was like a black bear cub!

14 Likes

Lovely photos Mups! I have always loved GSDs :007: and I think GSD puppies have to be some of the cutest you will ever see!!

Ok I am going to try and avoid this thread because all of your lovely dogs are making me want to get another! :lol:

Thank you Azz.

1 Like

This was Maggie with her pups.

15 Likes

Mups I knew you would post photos of your GSDs & make me jealous again. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Lazy summers day

12 Likes

Super pictures of a lifetime of gorgeous dogs Mups, but don’t forget some pics of the Beddies please. :hugs:

Minnie, Sox and Peppy! What else on a cold evening? All over the Rainbow Bridge now.

10 Likes

OK Barry. Here goes -

Try to ignore the awful background aove!

And lastly, my dear old rescue dog Pips, who came from Lurcher Rescue and lived to the grand old age of 17. Never a bad bone in her body.

12 Likes

Aw, they are lovely Mups… :heart_eyes: