The Dog Lovers Thread

Agree. It’s a gorgeous photo Art.

3 Likes

Rocky is gorgeous! Didn’t you also have a cat - or have I just made that up?

2 Likes

I always cry when we lose a loved companion, in fact I still well up now when I talk about losing our last labrador Zack, he really was the most faithful friend a man could have and think of him virtually every day.

5 Likes

I remember Rocky well, he really was a great character. :blush:

2 Likes

When you have a special bond with a dog, they are in your heart,they become a part of you, like a child…my dog is very demanding of me, just like children can be.

You tune into them, and understand them, Jack has my undivided attention, even my son gets jealous of him…you think more of that dog than you do me…is what he says sometimes…:grin:

4 Likes

@Azz lovely to see Rocky again Azz …

2 Likes

I remember Rocky too, a lovable gentle giant who would always ‘shake’ paws with you. :heart:

2 Likes

Recent dogs…

Amy who died aged 16

Millie who died aged 9 months from kidney failure
Picture 042 bigger Millie

Chloe puppy
.attachment

Chloe now 13

18 Likes

Lovely photos, Meg. Schnauzers seem to have such an intense stare under those bushy eyebrows. Friends of mine have two and they are just the same - stare right into your heart!

2 Likes

We used to have a couple of Giant Schnauzers at the Obedience Club, such a terrific pair I adored them.

2 Likes

This is my mum n dad with 3 of “The Clan”

This is me being mobbed.

This is Maggiemay’s last litter.

Feeding Time.
And this is Dageus who is almost ten now.

16 Likes

Ellie

12 Likes

Super dogs and owners, good thread Barry.

2 Likes

These are my 3 girls, all gone now

The first 3 are Muffin, as a puppy, a young adult, then an elderly lady

Next into my heart was Lucy, first picture shortly after I adopted her, then as an adult

And finally my Polly Dog, who I had to have PTS 18 months ago

11 Likes

This thread is full of stunning dogs :049: :049: :049: :049: and is really making me want to get another! Maybe one day :blush:

I did yes ST - she went to rainbow bridge earlier this year at a ripe old age of 18. I reckon we need a Cat Lovers Thread here too - perhaps you or Mags or one of our cat lovers could post one :003:

He was Barry - it’s nice that you remembered him :blush:

:orange_heart: And it’s lovely to see Amy and Millie again (as well as Chloe of course :049:). Amy was such a big part of Dogsey and I know how much you loved her, and how devastated you were when Millie died.

Chloe is looking really good - you’ve done her proud Meg :blush:

:orange_heart: He was in indeed Mags! People used to be frightened of him but he was such a soppy dog. I would love to get another just like him (although maybe a tiny bit smaller - he was so big and strong and in his prime I struggled a bit when he want to zip off somewhere :lol:)

We need a cats thread - maybe you or ST could do the honours of creating one :003:

2 Likes

Taken on a recent walk along our seafront and which is now my FB profile pic.

15 Likes

What gorgeous animals everyone, a joy to see and read about. Keep on posting 'em… :blush:

Here’s our two’s favourite perch at our last house, sat on the stairs gazing out of the front window…

14 Likes

Lovely dogs :heart: great thread Barry :smiley:

3 Likes

I lost my dogs a few years ago. I miss them so much :slightly_frowning_face:
they are a huge part of the family.

4 Likes

Azz I am hopeless at guessing what breed dogs are so can you tell me what Rocky was?
He looks like he was a big dog, but without seeing his body I cant tell how big.
I have always loved German Shepherds, but as I worked full time I could never have one as it would have been home alone all day. :frowning_face:

2 Likes