The Covid Crisis in India

[quote=“Mups, post: 2080510”]

It’s always been the case Mups !!
They say they are a democracy now ?
It’s up to the people to change things !!
You would win your bet on vaccine recipients too!!
They say they are setting the example for the riff raff !!

Donkeyman!

We should concentrate on keeping people OUT and keeping ourselves safe. To hell with others. The only thing that might be worth doing is to send replacements for those that are crashing and burning.

I agree with that. There’s absolutely no reason for anyone to be flying in from India or any other Country for that matter.

Hi

We are still recruiting Nurses from India.

We should not. Instead medical staff should be trained here on a grant that is written off at a certain %age per year. At least we would have a much higher %age with whom we could communicate in OUR language.

Hi

I agree we should train our own, but we aren’t.

The Keralan Nurses speak perfect English

We have started to but you can’t train a nurse overnight; it takes time.
It will take time to replace the sheer volume of overseas-trained nurses too and that depends upon whether or not enough of our own people will consistently want to train to become a nurse.
:wink:

What’s that got to do with 326,477 new cases and 2,826 deaths in India today .
India may well have more millionaires than the U.K. however it has many more millions of people than the U.K.
Would any country suffering the most dreadful pandemic not expect help and advice .
Would you not expect help in what is the worst crisis since World War II should you need it? Or would you say don’t worry about me and my family I’ve got money in the bank ?

It’s difficult to put it into perspective.

200,000 deaths, 1,400,000,000 population.

We know first hand how figures can be crunched by politicians and the media for sensation.

What about those bringing us supplies of vaccine made in India? As well as all the other pharmaceuticals they export to us. I guess we could teleport them if we had a time machine into the future.

It’s not the number of dead Dood because nothing more can be done for them, but the number of severely ill that is the problem.

we should be like north korea?

Of course.

… just wondering the true severity of the problem.

They have an awful lot of sick people and not enough capacity to treat them. What we are hearing will be underreported rather than dressed up to be sensational. I think the reason more have not died is because they have a young population compared with European countries.

We’re not asking for handouts. Waive the vaccine patents and provide a license to us and we’ll make our own vaccines and pay royalties.

I find that hard to believe.

There will be sick or dead people in more remote areas that are not being included in reports.

Here’s an explanation of why the deaths are underreported, why we see so many funeral pyres vs so few official numbers. The true extent is unknown because of the chaotic infrastructure and large numbers of very poor who have no access to medical care or any official certification when they die. As Covid sweeps India, experts say cases and deaths are going unreported - CNN

I don’t mean to sound callous, but they have probably be accounted for … many times over.

You know the levels of sensation we’ve seen regarding this virus.

Ooh! I didn’t realise you were a covid denier Dood.