The Covid Crisis in India

The situation in India due to Covid is dire. I feel very sorry for all those people who are suffering so badly. :cry: We have given a donation via the Disaster Emergencies Committee, I hope others do the same.

1 Like

Yes it is.

My Yoga teacher is a Hindu lady, and when she phoned for a chat a few nights ago she told me she has lost 7 family members in just over a week.

It’ll be a cold day in hell before I give ANYTHING. Seriously.

Poor woman.:frowning:

That is tragic, poor woman :cry:

It’s their problem, let them get on with it. India is a very rich country, which has some of the largest pharmaceutical facilities in the world. The Telegraph said on March 3rd “India, known as the pharmacy of the developing world, supplies more than 50 per cent of global vaccines and 25 per cent of the NHS’s generic drugs.”

This being the case, why on earth would anyone be sending coal to Newcastle and shipping vaccines TO India? They are the main producers and suppliers for half the planet!! If India has suddenly collapsed into the state it is now it’s down to utter stupidity, government incompetence and - without any doubt - greed and bribery. Sorry, they brought this completely avoidable catastrophe on themselves, so they can get themselves out of it.

[quote=“Tachyon, post: 2080504”]
It’s their problem, let them get on with it. India is a very rich country, which has some of the largest pharmaceutical facilities in the world. The Telegraph said on March 3rd “India, known as the pharmacy of the developing world, supplies more than 50 per cent of global vaccines and 25 per cent of the NHS’s generic drugs.”

This being the case, why on earth would anyone be sending coal to Newcastle and shipping vaccines TO India? They are the main producers and suppliers for half the planet!! If India has suddenly collapsed into the state it is now it’s down to utter stupidity, government incompetence and - without any doubt - greed and bribery. Sorry, they brought this completely avoidable catastrophe on themselves, so they can get themselves out of it.[/QUOTE]

But it is the ordinary people who are suffering at the hands of the powerful ones, surely.
I bet the ones in power have had their vaccines!

What an unpleasant post.:twisted: Their Government is no worse than our present one, with Boris as PM!

That was partly my point - the rich, with their greed and bribes, are at the front of the queue. They’d rather manufacture and ship doses to half the planet and make a fortune, rather than use it in their own country. Anyone fondly imagining that donated vaccines and medical equipment will get to be used by the general populace would be naive in the extreme.

Lol, I think we can safely say we’re doing better than India, and well you know it. Their government is known around the globe for its corruption and always has been, especially in India itself.

And there is no corruption in our Government? Hmmmmmmm!

Have you considered moving there when flights resume?

Another daft comment!

Give how you are compelled to give.

The hospital where I work is coordinating the transport of some ventilators, but I don’t know all that much about it. It seems more cost-efficient to put money to expedite the production of medications and equipment in Europe and Asia to get the there faster.

That is tragic, Mups.

That is the silliest and most ill informed comment I have read this year!

Its heartbreaking to see and to hear about. It makes me feel helpless . I agree there are many multi millionaires in India and because of the cast system those at the lowest end are suffering while the rich walk past . I’m glad Britain has sent oxygen after all this is a worldwide pandemic we should all help each other but that wont happen .

Those who live on the streets those who are deemed worthless by the higher castes and those living in cardboard towns have no chance

What can we do ?

Whataboutery is totally immaterial in this and many other matters.

We should not even TRY to do anything.

[CENTER] IT’S NOT OUR PROBLEM[/CENTER]

It is our problem, tragedy aside the situation is creating more variants that have already entered our shores. A pandemic is everyone’s problem. We don’t live in a vacuum.