The American Bully

The American Bully is responsible for 70% of the very serious dog attacks in the U.k
Why is it not banned ?
This is.a dog that can do horrendous damage .
It’s not just the owners this is a dog bred to fight and it can’t help its nature .
Yet the RSPCA of all people is against the ban .
It says all dogs have the propensity to bite - they do but how can you compare the bite of a chihuahua with that of what is really a large pit bull .

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/23732312.three-women-dogs-injured-horrific-dog-attack-newton/

American Pit Bulls are a banned import here and in NSW (and probably other states) existing dogs are a restricted dogs, they must be kept in an approved enclosure and when out of their enclosure must be muzzled.

Lots of dog attacks in and around Doncaster recently and this one caught my attention concerning the American Bully…

A couple of years ago we had a little with a couple of pit bulls. Max was not a happy boy. In fairness, he stood is ground until they went back up the hill to the owners. Peace was restored.

1 Like

American Bully’s and Pit Bulls, horrible dogs Besoeker…They should be shot on sight!
Riffle

3 Likes

I don’t understand why the U.K. Government have banned the American Pitbull Terrier breed but have not banned the American Bully breed, particularly the XL Bully, which are often bigger, stronger and capable of doing even more damage than the banned breeds.

Even Chief Constables of some police forces are calling for the Govt to add the American Bully to the list of banned breeds because they represent the majority of out of control dog attacks they have to deal with.

3 Likes

I think banning them just makes them more attractive to certain individuals. I have two pit bulls living in the garden adjoining mine . Never walked not trained police not interested.

Just looking at it terrifies me

I’d suggest that it’s very much the owners, why would anyone want a mutt like this in the first place?

2 Likes

The type of owners may be one thing but the main factor is that these dogs have been bred over decades from dogs developed as fighting dogs .
They just don’t scrap they fight to kill and they don’t stop .
They have a massive jaw bred to hang onto a bull it’s make short work of other dogs and humans
More people are bitten by chihuahuas and Jack Russell’s but they don’t kill people or other dogs .
Jack Russell’s like many terriers will kill cats if they are not accustomed to them but cats are usually fast and agile enough to escape .

You can buy them anywhere with prices ranging form £500 to £1500+
They should not IMO be bred at all .

4 Likes

Hi

Life was good here until the druggie moved in next door and started dealing.

I was able to handle him at first, 2 years ago I became ill and he started to take liberties ago.

He has now got an XL Bully pup, which is stupid because he has a young toddler.

He is training it to attack, does not have it muzzled.

I am on dual anti platelet treatment, my blood is very thin, not even allowed to wet shave.

The Police are not interested at all.

This not the best of times.

3 Likes

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen Swims .

This is an absolute mystery to me Boot.
I have lived in countries where it is legal to have a pit bull and they have good qualities they can be loving and loyal but…… when their anger is up the fighting instinct kicks in .
As in the case of the dog Walker in Caterham who was killed walking several dogs which included two dachounds and a large leonhurger . However forensic evidence showed that the dog that killed her was her OWN dog an American Bully .

1 Like

Hi

It is Muddy and other neighbours are not happy as well.

He has 3 children in the house, and it is absolute stupidity for him to have this dog.

Myself?

I am on dual Anti Platelet medication, which means that my blood is very thin and I can easily bleed to death.

I have these at all times.

I cannot run, but I can kill the dog.

That would upset me, it is not the dogs fault.

Don’t you have razor wire all round your garden?

Hi

Yes the back, on the 1.8 metre high fence.

Not allowed it at the front however.

Not something I’d like to cuddle up to on a cold winters night Chilli…
:pleading_face:

1 Like

Oh. I dunno. We stroll quite a bit and one of the guys has a St Bernard’s - 75kg but very loveable.

I thought American Pitbulls were banned here. Don’t think I’ve seen any around here. I agree they should be banned as other breeds are for being aggressive. There are several breeds I’d not trust with kids & any dog breed should never be left alone with a very young kid at all, no matter how friendly or loving.

A tale I have I have commented on before. We had family for a few weeks. The little lad was about about 3 or so then. Max, my dog, sneaked in there when the door was open. The result:

Best friends ever since.

1 Like