The 2011/2012 Football Season - Fans Thread

Congratulations to Cowdenbeath Jim, they have won promotion so you can start celebrating in style, well done!
Liverpool once again contrived to lose at home despite controlling much of the match against West Brom, I bet Roy Hodgson had a little wry smile to himself and why not?
Wolves go back down to the Championship, victims of the hard facts of Premiership existence, only the best survive!
Poor Lincoln suffered a 1-0 home defeat against Hayes as their roller coaster season continues to it’s end.
Manchester United seemed relieved to get a draw at home, being held 4-4 by Everton, a corker for the neutrals.
So now Hammer, tomorrow is an inportant date as your lads go to Leicester for a must win game, good luck to them!

Thanks for being the bearer of great tidings Bob, I’ve been out of touch lately and I’m over the moon hearing that news!.
WELL DONE COWDENBEATH!

Yes indeed well done to Jimmy and his Blue Brazil boys.
Best not to dwell on the Imps and the Reds it is not good for the system.

Bob indeed, it could all be over by tomorrow apart from the spectre of the play-offs that is. Still we have been thrown a lifeline by Middlesbrough beating Southampton 2-1 and the ball is as they say firmly in the court of BFS.

I had been putting the final touches to my Hammers season video shocker but I may just hold off for a miracle ending.

Anything can happen and it is a funny old game.

By gum, Fergie got it right when he said its squeaky bum time! Mind you, I would’nt be rushing out to back the Reds at the ridiculous odds of 4/9 to win the title. Going to City’s Citadel is no easy ask.That game should decide matters. My lot managed to get beat by a ten man already relegated side (Hayes) on Saturday. It does’nt get any more dire than that. Bob, your lot threw everything,even the kitchen sink at the Baggies. How Liverpool never scored is one of life’s mysteries. At times it was like the Alamo not Anfield! Good luck Hammer in your game. Southampton are slipping up quite often at the moment, this could be your big chance

Leicester City 1. West Ham 2.
They certainly did not make it easy for us and that is how it should be but we got the points in the bag.

We entertain Hull City on Saturday at the Boleyn with an early kick-off. Mistress Anne you answered my prayer earlier on could I prevail upon your goodself for just a couple more boons ?

When shadows creep, when I’m asleep,
To lands of hope I stray!
Then at daybreak, when I awake,
My bluebird flutters away.
Happiness, you seem so near me,
Happiness, come forth and cheer me!
Then like my dreams they fade and die.

Fortune’s always hiding,
I’ve looked everywhere,
I’m forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.

In reality it should not happen, It cannot happen, can it?

Hammer, you’ve either been on the Magic Mushrooms, or you’re applying for Poet Laureate! Good result last night, Hull City are surely out of the Play Offs, so not a lot for them to look forward to. Should be a good time to play them. You Guys and the Saints, bit like the Manchester situation in a way isn’t it? Best get yourself down to Tesco for a couple of bottles of champers!

Hi John, no noxious substances needed, it is the pure elixir of life that is the buzz.
That said, I might have a couple of pints if we…no, I must not even think about it.

Onward.

Oh ye of little faith Hammer :slight_smile: Seriously though, a smashing result for your favourites, now back to reality, can you really see Southampton slipping up against already relegated Coventry? Whatever transpires, good luck to your favourites this coming weekend

Thanks Bob, I cannot really see any other way out than the play-offs.
I certainly agree that Coventry will be no match for the Saints and to be fair Nigel Adkins has done a superb job this season and they do deserve to go up.
We had our chances to put it beyond doubt many moons ago but BFS knows best.
On the other hand, another year in the Championship might just make the move to that awful Olympic stadium less likely, that would be worth it.

So the die is cast and it’s Cardiff v West Ham in the two legged semis, most interesting, the first leg to be played at Cardiff on Thursday 3rd May kick off at 7.45pm with the return leg at The Boleyn on Monday 7th May with a 4.30pm start.
Blackpool and Birmingham City will contest the other semi final. Bring it on!

Good result for you Bob, with Saurez getting three really good goals, the last one a belter. Nice to see a smile on Kenny’s old boat! I think Hammer’s lot should put paid to Cardiff’s chances, as the Welsh side are very in and out. Always best to have the second leg at home. Southampton could’nt have hoped for an easier game than against a already relegated side full of youngsters.Got a feeling that Lambert, like Carroll, will struggle to get goals in the Premiership. My lot managed an away win on the last game of the season against Ebbsfleet, thank god its all over.

Yes John, your patience has been sorely tried this season but at least the Imps managed to finish in style and away from home, now you can look forward to a nice relaxing Summer getting prepared for hopefully a lot better season next time around(:
Now about my favourites, I agree about Suarez, he really is on fire at present, just hope that he is a shining light in the FA cup final. I see that Fernando Torres also got a hat trick for Chelsea, a timely warning for Pool ahead of the Wembley showpiece!

Well well thats a suprise, no job for Redknapp, think they made a mistake there the good old FA.As someone has just said on the Radio, Roy is a suit man and .Redknapp a track suit man,says it all really.

Another reason could be that Harry will never be a yes man same as Brian Clough years ago which is why he never got the job either. The FA don’t want anyone who will cause them bother.

I dont know why they pander to the England Team, they are just big girls.

I suppose the FA don’t want to risk the pantomime of yet another big money flop after the Fabio Capello fiasco, after all, if fans favourite Harry Redknapp had been taken on for the England job the compensation to Spurs would have been immense, let alone the salary expected so in reality it is a cheap alternative financially but hey, let’s give old Roy a chance and instead of complaining about the appointment judge him after a few matches.

I agree with Bob regarding Roy.It was a difficult situation for the FA. Capello stomps off in a huff, Harry boy is up before the beak, Euros just round the corner, no really outstanding other people. I must say I was’nt on the Redknapp bandwagon. To me he’s always been a shifty character, certainly not a loyal or trustworthy candidate for the England job. Yes give Roy a decent run, and with Stuart Pearce waiting in the wings, when he becomes more experienced, he could take over. Rejoice! all is not lost!

And the best thing is we have an English manager :-D:-D:-D

Yes, that is definitely the thing that I like so much, I shall be able to understand any future interviews I tune in to without trying to decipher the dialogue from he in charge of the team, bring it on!

Ok Bob I will give it a go then, well ringa ding ding, how about Man City, my Dad will be singing Blue moon in Heaven.