Thank goodness for having a dashcam

Thankyou RS I will take a look.

Iā€™m glad everyone is okay Realspeed. Dashcams are worth their weight in gold arenā€™t they. Iā€™ve also had one for a couple years now, but fortunately havenā€™t had to use it yet as evidence of a collision.

Same old question, if your dashcam proved you had caused an accident, would you sweep the footage under the carpet.:lol::lol::wink:

I completely agree with the importance of dashcams. I have had one for many years now, probably over 20 years.

Having said that, I think I have only once ever benefited from its evidence; a (lady) driver changing lanes and cutting in front of me causing a collision.
My insurers were very happy to receive a copy of the evidence and the other driver didnā€™t have a leg to stand on.

Bearing in mind how dishonest many drivers are, Iā€™d say they are essential.

I am glad Sue is OK. And the other guy. Regardless of who was at fault - obviously him. Looks like he might have to see his optometrist.

Youā€™ll have to speak to your wife about her speeding (I am assuming that 30mph is the limit in suburban streets)

Dash cams are a double edged sword.

Bruce l am always telling her about driving too fast. Maybe this will teach her a lesson

Iā€™m glad Mrs RS is OK that must have shaken her a bitā€¦my first thoughts were was he drunk. Thank goodness for the dashcam.

At what point is Sue ā€œdriving too fastā€ ā€¦ :?:

not this time as the dashcam shows. Just replying the Bruce

Ah, OK ā€¦ :wink:

I donā€™t know about that.

Bloody hell, its coming to something when an australian traffic
cop in the middle of the goolagong desert can bin you for
speeding in brighton???

Donkeyman!

Long arm of the law

not us this time thankfully

taken with camcorder of display on action on playback

. His insurance company (customer admitted to them it was his fault) are trying to get business by offering to pay for all damage to both cars and Ā£200 compensation bribe to Sue. Well they know what they can do with a bribe. SHOVE IT WHERE THE SUN DONā€™T SHINE. They think we are thick, they have to pay for all damage anyway

Do you think it might be possible to claim a more substantial sum for compensation?

Iā€™d certainly try to pile it on: hurt feelings, any slight injury, inconvenience of being without car, etc.

we are not like that and have another car. All we want is ours back as it was before the accident

But surely youā€™ll want another whilst yours is in the body shop?

We will used the Honda Civic Estate I bought Sue while the Nissan Xtrail Tekna is being repaired