Thank goodness for having a dashcam

Sue on the way home when this guy never looked and hit our car just now

1 Like

Can’t watch Realspeed. It says the video is private.

how is that now?
How on earth did he not see a damn great 4x4 in front of him

A copy of this video has gone to our insurance company

Certainly clear cut blame there RS and yes, dashcams can be invaluable evidence in a shunt, a picture’s worth a thousand words eh…

Barry

Sue was dead against having a dashcam in either car but I insisted. She is now pleased I fitted one in each car.
There can’t be any dispute as to who was to blame
Personally i think it should be made law that every car had one,
None of this it was the other drivers fault crap

Same with the Honda Civic estate i bought Sue. It came with one of those sqwerty emergency things. Now way was I rfelying on that and thank goodness I didn’t. Got hold of a “get you home” wheels/tyres of the internet.

Not long afterwards the car went into a water filled hole in the road and ripped to tyre side wall. The AA guy said to her back then thank goodness your husband insisted on a proper spare. It would have meant towing to a tyre repair place or home from Brighton to Bexhill

Did the other driver fall asleep or something? He/she seems to have a problem getting out of the car. Unbelievable! Particularly as your wife managed to stop in time and they still drove into her. That driver should be taken off the road as they are no longer capable of controlling a car.

LD
I can’t stress enough about getting a dashcam. A well known motoring shop will even fit it for you. Had mine for a few years and saves a load of arguements as to whose fault etc

It is something I have been thinking about for some time so will look into it. :023:

I think it looks like the chap was looking to his left, saw nothing was coming and pulled out. He forgot to look to his right as well. I have seen this often.

Same as people crossing the road that only look one way instead of both.
If he’d have pulled across the road to the other side even it might have been avoided - just - but he not only pulled out without looking, he cut the corner too, so was on Sue’s side of the road as he drove forward.

Just thank goodness no one is hurt, just shaken. Evident who was at fault for sure .

I always think that is the most important consideration in any accident. Cars can be repaired, they are just hunks of metal and plastic but it is good to know that no one was hurt.

A year or so ago, someone wrote my car off outside my house but not satisfied with that, they then drove into the front of my house, shifting the bay wall. Luckily though, no one was seriously injured. :slight_smile:

That’s the way I saw it, too … I wouldn’t be surprised if he was discovered to be legally blind … :!:

Goodness me, was the gent alright? It looks like he collapsed over the steering wheel. :shock:

https://i.imgur.com/xwdvU27.jpg

this is my kit, the dascam itself with the hard wired kit (box shown only), the piggyback connectors. Also you will need a micro SD card preferably 32 GB one

Just a question of finding the live side of a fuse when the ignition is turned on. I used the electric front seat fuse for this.
then ran the cable under the dashboard, where the fuse box is, then under the rubber door frame seal to the underneath of the head lining to the front window screen.

I programmed mine for 5 minute intervals continuous - impact aware- car speed- not nuimber plate etc

I also downloaded the latest next base software which also not only shows the road but also you on a map and direction of travel as you drive along- braking turning and loads more

https://i.imgur.com/sUrgcZq.jpg

Best bit of kit one can get for a car

Halfords Nextbase 322 GW fitted £134 but that is just the lighter plug in Best if possible to go hard wired then you don’t have to worry about plugging in every time

The guy is ok, he actually came around here to say sorry and totally admitted he didn’t look.
However I have to point out that what he said here may well not have been what he told his insurance company, but in this case think he did .
The damage is going to be accessed on Thursday, looks as if the front bumper got knocked of the brackets and a slight mark by the number plate

Mags
he did say he had a heart attack 2 years ago and also stents in the eyes

RS I cant afford to pay that sort of money for a dash cam but I do want one for peace of mind . I’m sorry about what happened to your wife but also glad all is well no one seriously hurt and cars can be mended .

Can anyone recommend a much cheaper dash cam please

Yes halfords do much cheaper ones . I got Next base because of the information it gathers. have a look on that internet auction site,The one I have is cheaper on there than Halfords.

Also look on youtube at quality of dashcams with video footage. That is what I did

Drunk maybe?

Glad everyone is good, but that chap does look like he collapses after the bump.