Tesco shakeup of non low sugar and salt item shelf positioning

Hah, yes I think I vaguely remember those sort of shops, Foxy.
I believe there even used to be one in our high street in the last century. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

As rare as hens teeth nowā€¦
:flushed:

I canā€™t see it will make much difference healthwise unless they think people just doing quick grab shopping and donā€™t read the labels are more likely to grab from the middle shelves :woman_shrugging:

Well Iā€™m going to boycott Tesco and go on hunger strike until they put the shelves back to how they were Mareeā€¦
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Neither can I, Maree.

And as I said earlier, booze can do as much harm to someone as fags, yet they hundreds of bottles of it on display and easily reachable.

Some of these pen pushers must be just looking for what to do next.

1 Like

I think the legislation is focused more on banning multi-buy promotions and displays of the restricted foods in prominent places, such as the shop entrances, till queue areas, end of aisle displays - the places where folk tend to notice things and buy on impulse. It doesnā€™t mention which particular shelf of the shopping aisle they should be on.
Maybe the other products on the shelves are being shifted around to accommodate the stock that can no longer be displayed in the ā€œrestricted locationsā€ ?

Summary of policy

Promotion of HFSS products will be restricted by location and volume price as follows:

Locations restrictions will apply to store entrances, aisle ends and checkouts and their online equivalents (that is, entry pages, landing pages for other food categories, and shopping basket or payment pages).

Volume price restrictions will prohibit retailers from offering promotions such as ā€œbuy-one-get-one-freeā€ or ā€œ3 for 2ā€ offers on HFSS products.

They should just make seperate aisles catering for the health conscious that has less sugar, salt or fat content and leave the rest.

It should be about choice but of course the world governments are becoming more controlling as time goes by.

Personallly it suits me that the health foods are easier to get to as I always look at the labels because I try keep to low sugar food but the point is, it should be about choice!!!

Good grief - I havenā€™t had a nanny since I started school at 4yrs old - I certainly donā€™t need a government appointed one!

1 Like

:+1: Good weight loss plan!

1 Like

Shame in a way about the three for two type offers etc

I know itā€™s not healthy food but a lot of the people on our budget food group get together to ā€œsplitā€ three for two and bulk offers, so they all get it cheaper

Not me
Not yet anyhow.

1 Like

If I cant find the Kitkats Iā€™ll scream & scream until Iā€™m sick

1 Like

It rather defeats the object of the shop/supermarket trying to sell stuff. If they were serious, they should only sell sweets in a sweet shop, tobacco in a tobacconist, and alcohol in a pub or off licence. Itā€™s worked well over the years. But I have to admit, you just canā€™t buy one mars bar these days unless you pay an arm and a leg for itā€¦

Good luck with the Kit Kats Rippleā€¦

1 Like

:+1:t2: Thanks

I got the last oneā€¦Iā€™m feeling mean so Iā€™m not going to let you have itā€¦hey, you are a traitor to Ripple, KitKat? Ripples are far more superior :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Bloody nightmare to get into those without busting them Lion Queen. What ever happened to the silver paper and paper wrapperā€¦ :009:

1 Like

Weā€™ve got one in our high street. Itā€™s a farm shop. And they do deliveries :heavy_check_mark:
I never buy fruit and veg in supermarkets, well hardly ever!

2 Likes

Since weā€™re on the subject of confectioneryā€¦wine gums straight from the freezer!
It really does work, freeze them on a tray so that they are not touching and off you go, it really does work, ideal for a heatwave.

Just donā€™t be tempted to chew them too quickly if you want to keep your teeth.

1 Like

Sorry Chilliboot, I donā€™t do alcoholā€¦ :009:
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Oh thereā€™s always one isnā€™t there;-)

Youā€™ve actually given me an idea OldGreyFox.
Why not freeze the wine gums individually in ice cube trays, pour over the alcoholic beverage of your choice and Bobā€™s your uncle!

Why stop at wine gums, midget gems in cider, Dolly Mixtures in Heineken, Fruit Pastilles in Chardonnay, the possibilities are almost endless.

My goodness, bring on the weekend!

2 Likes