Television soaps

Does anyone watch soaps like Coronation Street etc?
Which are your favourites?

1 Like

Used to watch them religiously, even recording them so we could catch up and fast forward through the ads if appropriate.

Seem to have gone completely the other way nowadays, with the only regular thing my wife watches, er, religiously, being Songs of Praise.

We could have a debate about religion now, and whether it is fact or fiction, but I don’t think anyone on here can be bothered to go through it again :wink::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

When I was young, I would watch soap operas when I was home for the summer. There was All My Children, Days of Our Lives and one other I don’t remember, maybe The Young and Restless, but I vaguely thought I didn’t watch that one. 3 hours of TV in a row.

My mom was trying to find ways to get me out of the house so I wouldn’t get glued to the sofa.

1 Like

Not any longer,too woke/snowflake etc to find entertaining.

1 Like

I quite enjoy them though reluctant to tell anyone as they seem to think you must be thick to watch them :joy:
But more people than would admit must be watching as the longest running one has been on for 62 years and the second longest 50 years.
Advertisers wouldn’t keep them going if they weren’t profitable.

2 Likes

Yep Helen…We watch Coronation Street religiously, although we don’t watch any others.
We keep threatening to stop watching the street because of the silly story lines just lately, but I’m too tired to do anything else after my evening meal…I suppose I’m just in a rut…
:pleading_face:

1 Like

I’m a Corrie fan, have been right from the start.

I suppose they have to keep up with the times but I do think they are overdoing the violence that is coming into the Soap.

By the way, does anyone know what has happened to Steve McDonald? We haven’t seen him for ages.

2 Likes

I usually watch Corrie because those around me are watching!
My favourite is Emmerdale though. Even though I’m a southerner I like the two northern ones and can’t stand Eastenders.

Have watched a couple, many, many moons ago. Don’t bother these days, preferring documentaries, wild life, space or astronomy, or any informative programmes.

Emmerdale and Corrie for me. And Doctors in the daytime.

I watch Emmerdale and Corrie, although it is too far fetched, everything happens in one Village.

Is Heartbeat a soap? I like that.

His character has gone to Spain to visit his brother but I think Simon (the actor) is off with a broken leg

1 Like

I think Heartbeat is a drama.

2 Likes

As I said elsewhere the last time I watched a soap it had Ena Sharples in it

Strewth Bruce! That was years ago!

Yeah it was a while, I am not a fan of soaps, can’t get interested in them but then I have never watched a whole episode of The Simpsons either for the same reason.

1 Like

You sound a bit like me @Bruce. You have a short attention sp

1 Like

Didn’t know that!

Wondering how Sue Cleaver will get written out for IAC, and Julia (Shona) for her mat leave.

I haven’t watched any for years now. Used to be an avid watcher of Eastenders & from the very first episode, but then it got stupid & for Gray to get away with three murders finally did it for me & back in 2020 I stopped watching for ever.