Technology gone too far

Today we decided to again visit Looe on our holiday in Cornwall, we both needed the toilet so made for the ones in the car park,
20p was required to enable entry, so, fishing about in my wallet I found two shiny new 20p,s , but no, that wasn’t good enough, it was card only!!!?, so you stood at the turnstile and used the contactless card reader to gain entry to spend a penny…! Madness.

3 Likes

We do not have that problem with our Vivactive Toilet Card & Key

Instant Access to Disabled Toilets

The official RADAR Key gives you instant access to over 9000 disabled toilets without having to wait or ask for assistance.

Ergonomic Turning

Disabled toilet keys are designed to be easy to find and easy to use. They’re much larger than standard keys and feature an easy to grip head that better suits those with physical impairments.

Discreet Card

The Vivactive Toilet Card is the ideal way to discreetly let someone know that you need to use the bathroom. It features the universally recognised WC symbol and fits in your purse or wallet just as easily as a credit card.

A bear and a rabbit wanted to go and do their business. The bear asked the rabbit " do you find it sticks to your hair"" “no” said the rabbit. So the bear picked up the rabbit and wiped his bum.

1 Like

Well actually, this would be a boon for me, as I often need a wee when I’m out, and even on the rare occasions that I have some cash, it’s likely to be the wrong coins. But I always have my smart watch on, so it’s no problem. Contactless payment makes life so much easier all round.

Definitely - some of us do not own ‘contactless cards’!

‘They’ have closed most of our public lavatories. One of the few charges 40p entrance fee.

I like walking in Hyde Park, there are public toilets with turnstiles, pull it towards you a couple of inches then push it away from you, squeeze through.

Yes but nowadays you have to ask for a receipt, everyone has so much faith lately.

That’s a disgrace. 40p for a quick tiddle!

They never used to charge anything in the Men’s Loo’s, so why should we have to pay>? Is it still like that nowadays?
Do men have to pay for a pee? If not - why not?

I don’t think anyone pays to use the loo in Australia either men or women.

The only place I have seen any restriction was in Katherine where they had a security guard on the door to stop the locals petrol sniffing in there (that was before Opal fuel)

They do here - 40p

My mother always used to say, “I have to go and spend a penny” when she wanted to go to the loo

£0.40p!!! That is pure profiteering, that price needs “Slashing”. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Can’t think of where tabby means regarding the public loo,s, but it puts the ditty, “ here I sit broken hearted” into perspective…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

But that’s a piddling amount in the great scheme of things :wink:

2 Likes

Silver Street, Primus, near the Market.

Garden centres usually have decent free loos

1 Like

Round here that would be a long way to go if you are in a hurry! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

Ah yes tabs, silver st,

1 Like

What a rip-off.
I remember when it was a penny, or sometimes no charge.

A p for a pee.

1 Like

Yes, not Ap-Pee about this situation. :smiley: