Supermarket Clothes - do you buy any?

if I like something I buy it I’m not a snob about where its from having said that I’m a sucker for Joseph Ribkof clothes and you don’t find those in supermarkets …unfortunately

1 Like

just googled it … reassuringly expensive. :icon_wink:

I don’t remember seeing clothes in supermarkets here in the UK. Portugal, Spain & Cyprus, yes.

I have bought the odd thing in Primark, and too much in M&S … I’m 30 or 32 inside leg but buy my skinny jeans 34, wear them all scrunched up.

1 Like

I only buy a couple of things a year from JR…but they keep forever.

1 Like

Yes, I love the stuff in George at Asda, but I can only shop there when I’m down in Perth. We only have a wee Tesco here and no clothes.

1 Like

I never think to look, I must check it out next time I go

I did buy some T-shirt bras from Tesco’s which were a bit rubbish and some black trousers which were OK

1 Like

I buy clothes from Supermarkets if they look and seem a good quality. I had my own clothing business so use to buying various qualities.
… I can remember only too well a Wholesale Store called Wearwell…the dresses hung on the racks from a distance in the fashion colours of the season looking good, but step up to them, and every seam was stitched and not finished at the ends…literally just waiting to fall apart.
I have had TU from Sainsbury’s Clothing range and they were really of good quality and Cotton which I nearly always wear.
Lands End have some good quality Clothes, some basic fashion gear, I have several of there stylish Winter Coats, but many are too out of date styles these days. They do lots of reduction offers which makes them easily affordable.
I buy more online since moving to France and use lots of different stores. Tesco and Asda are generally of inferior quality to Sainsbury’s TU, as I remember them.
Can spend little or large amounts, just depends how much I want it.

1 Like

We’ve bought clothes from Tesco before now. In fact, my showerproof anorak is from there, good quality too :+1:

1 Like

Pauline… why should I mind you daft bat… :rofl: :grinning:

1 Like

I have bought TU ankle boots from a charity shop, they were brand new, well chuffed with those.:smiley:

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction with a query.

When I go to the shops, I don’t wear my reading glasses, so when I looked at the jumper label in the shop to see what it was made of I couldn’t read it.
Reading it at home with glasses on I was confused as 85% is ‘Shell’.

Anyone knowledgably enough to let me know how that can be? :icon_wink: :017:

(PS Thanks to Azz and Barry for putting this in the right place)

I usually buy most of the clothing I need, except for Winter jackets in either Tesco or Asda, sometimes Sainsburys. They are good value for money & wear well too.I used to get my jeans in Evans, but since they even closed the one at Tesco, long after their stores closed I now will have to buy them in either Tesco or Asda, when I need new ones.
The Mountain tee shirts I wear/collect come from various sources. I am not a fashion person, spend my life in jeans, tees & jumpers/fleeces. Shoes I buy from Cotswold or Hotter direct.

1 Like

Just highlighting my question to see if anyone had any come up with any answers/ideas to the mystery label saying it’s made of ‘85% shell’?

My scalp feels raw from scratching it trying to find the answer.

:thinking:

Umm sorry I have no idea. But keep checking behind you for slime trails…!

I did find this if its any help…??

https://www.olorun-sports.com/blogs/news/49167491-what-is-a-shell-fabric

1 Like

Pixi, I found that site too Doesn’t really help in that it’s is just a cheap jumper, thin fabric, no padding - just a bog standard jumper.

I found a site that makes wall tiles from shell . :grinning:

Initially I had no idea but checking it out I came up with the website below. American I know but the clue is that it’s similar to what PixieKnuckles found, it appears to be some kind of fabric with weatherproof properties:

https://www.seattlefabrics.com/Softshell-Fabrics_c_276.html
:grinning:

1 Like

Thanks Baz… :slightly_smiling_face: (see my reply to Pixie above).

The jumper doesn’t come under weatherproof - just the cheap and cheerful category. :rofl:

I wonder if its made from polyester then? :woman_shrugging: No idea what shell means…I honestly thought you had bought a waterproof jacket. I’m intrigued now…

1 Like

Hi

When I was working I had to look the part.

I got my suits, shirts etc from Charity Shops in Knutsford, wedding suits, shirts etc.

Apart from underwear and socks, I buy from charity shops.

I recently got a pair of hand made leather brogues, still with bits of confetti, for £35.

OMG… what a stupid old fool I am. How embarrassed and stupid do I feel? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :roll_eyes:

I just got it out from the laundry basket (washing it before I wearing it) and checked the label with my glasses on and magnifying glass. I missed the forward slash before 85% polyster…

… it says exactly this: Shell/ 85% polyester/12% viscose/3% elastane

In my defence, I am having probs with my eyesight… :rofl: :joy: :innocent:

Sorry everyone to those trying to sort out the mystery. My apologies.

(From a stupid old half blind fool x)

2 Likes

:hugs:

This made me laugh…its such an easy mistake to make with these tiny tags, Pesta! So in this case, I’m assuming the “shell” simply means the fabric its made from. Terminology…sheeesh, why can’t they just call it “material made from…”

1 Like