Super-humans

Came across this video of a woman described as the human computer - and thought we need a thread on it! :003:

Can you think of any others with super-human abilities?

Same woman on the BBC in 1979:

1 Like

It’d be quite something to be savant.

Wonder if it’s also a maddening burden :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I had to look up savant.Shows how super I am :grinning:

2 Likes

Smithy, I think your super-man :icon_wink:

2 Likes

and I used to think you were smart :grinning:

1 Like

Well, I’m glad that situation has been resolved :smile:

2 Likes

I like most of them but tomato is my favourite, yes, I’m a soup-erman…

3 Likes

It makes you wonder if we all have the ability to do superhuman things but for some reason never seem to develop them.
Although you only have to look around the world at musicians, sports people, and the chasers to realise how rubbish most of us are at anything.

3 Likes

Some of the smartest, cleverest people in the world are probably rubbish at the practicalities of daily living.
I don’t envy them.

4 Likes

This depends on what is viewed as smart or clever.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned my theory before… everyone is a genius at something, but only a statistically trendy number actually get to be in the right place, time, environment, opportunity to find, develop and use that genius.

Thus, the likes of Mozart, Einstein etc etc are statistical anomalies, where the runes lined up all in a row.

1 Like

Yes … I think that too. Everyone is good at something but a great many people have to knuckle down and earn a living or care for others and haven’t the time or money to discover their niche.

In theory the kids of the celebrities and well-to-do should outshine the rest of us because they can turn their life into an adventorous mission of personal development…

3 Likes

I find that people have to love the thing that they are good at.
I went to a secondary modern school with a lad who was brilliant with numbers, he could add up rows of numbers before I had time to write them down. He went to grammar school but left shortly after term started and came to our school. He had no interest in learning or progressing his skills whatsoever.

1 Like

I’m very good at knowing my limitations.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m certainly no Clint Eastwood. :grinning:

1 Like

Clever comes at a cost, a person has to know when to stop :icon_wink:

1 Like

Indeed! :flushed::face_holding_back_tears::+1:

I am super human by staying married for 54 years to the same person

1 Like

The answer isn’t 42, it’s 1973 :grin: