Summer holidays overseas are "extremely unlikely"

…because of the risk of travellers bringing coronavirus variants back to the UK, a scientist on a government advisory body has said.

I would feel extremely lucky if we were allowed a holiday in our own country, let alone somewhere abroad.

1 Like

I agree, Mags, to get a holiday in Britain would be a miracle.
I can’t believe people would want to go abroad, as things are at present, specially in Europe.

Yep, it looks like Staycation in 2021.

If we can’t stay with family in Glos. I know of a couple of B&Bs, cash only, key under the log basket, bacon & eggs in the fridge …

It’s too much of a risk this year Tiff, I value my life more than risking it in another country for a few weeks of sunshine.

Does Boris have the right to hold us prisoners in our own country ?
This is illegal surely

No, they expect folk to be sensible about holidays abroad this year and bringing back the virus with them.

We had our Baltic cruise on May 17th cancelled, and to be honest, I’m glad they did. Apart from there being many rules and regulations to adhere to, it wouldn’t have been the cruise we expected, and it would have been too risky in my opinion.
We have since requested a refund.

I would not consider a foreign holiday this year, except a visit to Guernsey in August or September should we be allowed.

That’s a wise and unselfish decision Bob, especially as I know how much you and your wife were looking forward to you holiday.

I applaud you

Foreign travel, cruises and travel insurance could be difficult without a vaccine certificate in the near future OGF.

I don’t even want to risk it away from here at present, we could have done a fair at the end of April when they are allowed to run them, but even that one I’ve said no to, it’s Malvern. We would have had to stay the night somewhere.

Let me go to beautiful Northumberland though. Discovered this beautiful part of the world because of coronavirus, so so glad we did. Stunning places to be found right on our own doorstep xx

You certainly won’t be visiting Australia our borders are closed and residents need a permit (and a valid reason) to leave.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

According to the experts(?) it is extremely unlikely that people from the USA and Europe will be allowed to visit Australia this year (too many Covid cases and variants) even if the borders open to some other countries.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to go to Wales yet?

Hi

Not allowed yet.

… need a haircut?

Well done Australia, , I’d be happy just to get back to shopping normally

Is this the guy in the news who travelled from England to Wales for one, D00d? That made me laugh, what an idiot!

I trust Young Muddy would never consider it.

It’s always going to be a temporary thing Scot, considering that protection from the vaccine only lasts six months (and that’s a very optimistic forecast Scot) so I’ll just wait and see what is going to happen. I don’t think there will be a national rollout of vaccinations every six months…:009:
There are lot’s of people who will not have the vaccination either, so companies will soon learn that it’s best not to be too selective of their clientele…:cool:

Australia has the right attitude Bruce, better safe than regretful.