Strictly Contestants revealed (2011)

Yes Meg, poor Anton deserves better this year and it would be good to see him win for a change. I do sometimes wonder if he’s paired with, as you call them - the ‘lemons’- because he has more patience than many of the other professionals and it makes good TV viewing. I couldn’t imagine Brendon coping very well with a lesser contestant!:slight_smile:

I will be polishing up my sequins too!:lol:

As I speak, her indoors is cackling her head off at all the antics. Myself? I’m with some of the boys on this, a no go Brucie zone. I’ve put on ear muffs, and retired to do some surfing instead. Bliss! Nice to see you, to see you not nice.

I love Strictly but we do tend to record it so my comments may be a tad behind everyone. But I love the show, love the dancing, love the dresses…bring it on in 3 weeks time, cant wait:-D

and also I loved the Dolly Parton song too… great song !

For those who missed the celebrity pairing …

[B]Alex Jones …James Jordan

Anita Dobson …Robin Windsor

Audley Harrison …Natalie Low

Chelsea Healey …Pasha Kovalev (new pro)

Dan Lobb …Katya Virshillas

Edwina Currie…Vincent Simone

Harry Judd …Aliona Vilani

Holly Valance …Artem Chigvintsev

Jason Donovan …Kristina Rihanoff

Nancy Dell’Olio …Anton Du Beke

Robbie Savage …Ola Jordan

Rory Bremner …Erin Boag

Russell Grant …Flavia Cacace

Lulu …Brendan Cole[/B]

Poor Anton has been paired with Nancy Dell’Olio, I’m not quite sure he knows how to handle her!:smiley:

I also predict a few fireworks between Brendon and Lulu:-D

It should be better this year as I don’t think there is anyone quite as terrible as Ann Widdecombe or John Sargent. I hope not anyway as its spoils the show for me to see the stupid viewing public put them through week after week when they obviously can’t dance just because they like them as people. It is at the end of the day a dancing competition and should remain so IMO.

Recorded Strictly and caught up with it earlier on…am really looking forward to when it all starts. Like some others, just wish Brucie would disappear over the horizon-seems to be worse this year-the knighthood has gone to his head!

Didn’t he love it when he was introduced at Sir Bruce Forsythe too!:lol:

He certainly did Mags :slight_smile: …bit stomach churning:-)

…glad I missed the first part then :lol:

Got the rest of the programme to look at him though Meg :lol:

I too love Strictly but can’t stand either Bruce or Tess they are so wooden but I thiunk Holly Valance seems to move the easiest from what I have seen so far my choices are to date
For the women …Holly Valance
For the men …Jason Donavon

We seem not to have a yawning emoticon - will NOT be watching ‘Strictly’, or indeed any other of these ‘real-life’ programmes - couldn’t be more bored than I am with all of them!!! - will find something else to do or watch.

I have reserved my seat in front of the TV on the 30th already! :lol:

Don’t forget “Strictly” fans … the first in this new series starts tonight at 9.00pm! :smiley:

Same old Brucie! :roll:

I think the 7 contestants did very well for their first outing. Holly and Artem were impressive, Lulu (and Brendan) was poor which I was surprised about, I thought she might be one of the top dancers but she made a lot of mistakes tonight.

As for Russell Grant, he put everything into his routine with Flavia … I have a feeling he is going to be a voter’s favourite just as Ann Widdecombe was…:lol:

The next 7 couples dance tonight (Sat) at 6.00pm.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the dancing Mags, my Daughter it just nuts about ‘Strictly’ too.

Missed it. And will again tonight, we are out. So definately see them on catch up TV . That three weeks practicing went by quickly, I’m not keen on Lulu but I thought she’d do well. Still plumping for Anita Dobson.

Yes, Anita did well last night too.

It’s too early for me to predict who I think will win … maybe after tonight’s final seven! :lol: