Strictly Contestants revealed (2011)

Hope there are a few other fans on the forum so we can have a bit of a natter on a Saturday night through the autumn.

Line up is:

Holly Vallance (28) Aussie Neighbours actress and (briefly) a pop singer.

Nancy Dell’Olio (50) Ex squeeze of Sven the footie manager, and (briefly) Sir Trevor Nunn.

Lulu (62) Pop singer and wee Scottish lassie

Chelsea Healy (23) plays the secretary in Waterloo Road.

Anita Dobson (62) Brian May’s missus, and former landlady of the Queen Vic.

Alex Jones (34) - Welsh speaking presenter, and current presenter of the One Show

Edwina Curry (64) ex MP - eggs, salmonella?

Jason Donovan (43) Another Aussie - ex neighbours actor, Joseph in the West End and pop singer

Harry Judd (25) Drummer with McFly

Dan Lobb (39) - Daybreak sports presenter and ex tennis pro (gotta love a tennis player called Lobb :-D)

Robbie Savage (36) Welsh football player turned radio pundit

Russell Grant (60) TV/radio astrologer

Rory Bremner (50) comedy impressionist.

Audley Harrison (39) Olympic gold medallist and heavyweight boxer

Ooh… thanks for that Jennie, I’m a great fan of Strictly:lol: The line-up looks quite good too …I wonder who will be the Ann Widdecombe of the bunch this year?:wink: Poor Anton deserves to be matched with a good dancer this time.

It starts this Saturday when dancers and contestants are matched an introduced to each other.
Can’t wait!!! :mrgreen:

Oh …that looks an interesting line up,thanks Jennie :slight_smile: a couple I haven’t heard of and I don’t like that silly girl from the one show . Looking forward to it …:cool:

Weyyy heyyy excited now!!

Great Saturday night viewing…looking forward to it :slight_smile:

I can picture Lulu doing quite well … also Jason Donovan :slight_smile:

Every year I say I am going to watch strictly,and every year i catch just little snippets of it, it is not a programme that i have ever gotten into, the bits i see are very good but i always find something else to do.

Me too Shirley, I love the bits I do catch, then I wished I’d watched it all properly from the beginning. I’ll try harder this year. My money’s on Lulu but Anita Dobson winning would be brilliant!

I think you folks are right about Lulu - looking at this footage she can move a bit. The big surprise to me is Russell Grant :shock:. Again, only snippets of footage … but despite his size and shape - he’s surprisingly light on his feet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14817342

Thanks for posting that link Jennie, it was good to see them all before Strictly proper starts :smiley:

Wow! Russell Grant can move, can’t he!:lol: I’m really looking forward to it now!:smiley:

I think Lulu looks fantastic and nothing like her age :slight_smile: she could be one to watch like Felicity Kendal last year . I hope she gets paired with Vincent. he of the lovely ears :cool:

Have you folks seen this? :smiley:

:lol: :lol: :lol: that’s brilliant Jennie, first time I’ve seen that!

I like Anton, he and Ann were a good partnership last year :slight_smile:

What a laugh … they were good sports weren’t they?

I saw some of the rehersals for this and the ‘Ann Widdecome’ will be an over sized Edwina.

Not really my sort of viewing but she who must be obeyed likes to watch it.

Not our sort of thing either…I tuned in by accident one night and after two minutes of Brucie being smaltzy we were nearly throwing up, but to each his own I suppose…

Barry :-)I have to admit I find Brucie and the girl who compares with him excruciating to watch at times .

However I am amazed at the level of competence the the none professionals manage to achieve in a very short period of time so I suffer Bruicie in order to watch them and their excellent partners perform :slight_smile:

I am not a Brucie fan either, in fact I wish he would hang up his dancing shoes!:slight_smile:

I have a feeling that Anton will be partnered with Edwina
and the “Ann Widdicombe/John Sergeant” of this years show will be between Russell Grant and Audley Harrison!:smiley:

Just a reminder that the launch and introductions start tonight at 18:10 … take your partners! :smiley:

Me to Mags :-).
I feel a bit sorry for Anton, he is a really good dancer but recently gets paired off with the ‘lemons’ so has little chance of winning .

I guess the pairings will be announced this evening , off to put on my glittery gown :lol: