Strictly Come Dancing - Jeremy Vine is the first one to be named

Heard on the radio earlier that Jeremy Vine is the first one to be named to compete in this year’s series.

1 Like

Gosh it is not that time again already is it :shock:

SCD makes me think of dark nights and a word I won’t mention until December ….shudders

I will be watching this if only to see the colourful costumes ,it has become too regimented in its format and every series is the same old same old which is a shame.

Oh dear, I do hope he doesn’t bare his chest and wear lurex :043:

Nah, they didn’t make Anne Widecomb, did they. :lol:

Better get the sprouts on…:mrgreen:

SCD …lovely jubilee :-p

LOL Mups…norty!! :lol::lol:

Each to his or her own of course, but …
You would have to chain me to a chair
and force my eyes open with matchsticks to watch one of these dance shows.

Never yet seen a male person dance
(any type of dancing from ballroom to ballet, boot-scooting to break-dancing)
who did not look like a ‘poof’ !

Regardless of what they say,
I reckon the only reason men ever dance is to get into some bird’s knickers.

Isn’t that poofist?? :mrgreen:

Never heard the term “poofist”, Ruthio … could it be a Pommie-ism ?

But I know that not even in my occasional randy youthful dry-spells did I ever consider prancing around like a fairy in order to satisfy my ‘lust’ :smiley:

Neither have I I just made it up.
You’re fairyist too!

Dry spells? - you’re a meteoroligst too !!

I’m tired of it already. Seems to be litle to do with dancing - all silly sketches, whooping and screaming and a top class band that you can’t hear for the clapping and yelling.

Number 2 announced …
Ainsley Harriot , can’t stand him and his endless inane chatter , let’s hope he shuts up for once and concentrates on his feet :roll:

The only good thing about Ainsley H is his excellent cup-a-soups!

I agree with grumble, it’s not what it was. I watched the very first series and it was lovely, beautiful gowns, elegant dancing, clever footwork etc, it was lovely to watch.

Hasn’t it got a bit exhibitionist and rather sleazy now, just outrageous costumes, bare chests, and the dancing resembles gymnastics.

True - it has been influenced by the X factor mob and theres a lot of drivel to get through before the dances, best to record and run on …

Number 3 has been named - Kellie Bright who plays Linda Carter (landlady of the Queen Vic in Eastenders).

Another contestant I’m not keen on! :smiley:

Number 4-some actress that was in Corrie.

The ex Coronation Street star is Georgia May Foote who played Katy Armstrong in the soap… :smiley:

Am I the only one who absolutely loves Strictly? But then I like all competition programmes. I love picking my favourites out and hoping they will win.
I personally think the proffessional dancers teach novices to dance as professional as they are in only a few weeks. Amazing.