'Stress can't fly, that's just how it is'

• Oh I would love to do this! It looks so much fun!
1 Like

Sounds a little stressful. Different strokes, I guess.

2 Likes

Surely the equipment canā€™t be very expensive. Thereā€™s not much of it. :102:

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m sure something like this would be way out of anyoneā€™s budget, but a DIY version could be made for half the price! Also different sizes would need to be available, small medium, large etc.

I think once up in the air, its fine :joy: Taking off and landing would be a problemā€¦Iā€™d end up breaking a leg or something!

1 Like

ā€˜Cos dangling with only a kite keeping you from certain death isnā€™t stressful at all!

You got me up there and Iā€™d poop myself, very stressful for the people below :rofl:

Seems though, that dangerous sports give you an adrenaline rush that does relieve stress.

I get the same thing from my cold water plunges and sea swimming so I get that it works

1 Like

That made me laugh, Maree!

He has a fan propeller thing on his back too, so itā€™s not just a kite. There is some controlā€¦whereas cold water plunges are just insane :scream:

1 Like

I donā€™t like being in an airplane especially (itā€™s not the height itā€™s the closed environment) but stick me on a zip wire with barely a piece of rope to stop me free falling I scream with the joy of it!
Mad beings arenā€™t we?!!

3 Likes

Looks like youā€™re right.

ā€œSo how much does paramotoring cost? Buying new, you should be able to buy all of the necessary equipment, and get yourself trained for about Ā£9000, or $14000 for US pilots.ā€

:open_mouth:

1 Like

I remember watching them in awe as they flew over the South Downs last summer when we were camping in Glynde.

They looked so sedate, the views must be stunning.
Back to earth with a bump, yes itā€™s expensive and Iā€™m not quite as agile as I was, the landings would be a concern.

1 Like

Oh we should all buy one and have one as spares :roll_eyes:

You would have to keep focused wouldnā€™t you, so you didnā€™t bump into any birds or planes! Not quite a sitting back and relaxing type of jauntā€¦

I suppose you would have to be focused and yet at the same time enjoy the experience.
I wouldnā€™t be concerned about planes but some of those seagulls can get a bit nasty and pecky.
Probably best not to go up there with a bag of chips :wink:

3 Likes

Or an ice cream! Now that would be very messy fighting with seagulls over that!

A ā€œscream coneā€ :joy: :icecream:

1 Like

But a propeller just propels you faster to your doom, it doesnā€™t help keep you up there. I keep thinking Del Boy

1 Like

Oh I remember that episode! So funny!

1 Like

You could take your pet vulture to see them off. :rofl:

This guy has trained his pet vulture to fly with him, itā€™s a thing with birds of prey, Parahawkingā€‹:eagle::eagle::eagle::eagle::eagle::eagle:

1 Like

Aggressive seagulls, vulturesā€¦ itā€™s all getting a little bit Alfred Hitchcock for me.
That poor man sitting in his pyjamas with his eyes pecked out, maybe taking to the skies isnā€™t such a good idea after all?
Think Iā€™ll just stick with blackberry pickingā€¦for now.

4 Likes

Blackberries make good missilesā€¦

just sayinā€™ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Once upon a time, perhaps. These days, I can get dizzy standing with my two feet on the ground, imagine how dizzy I could get up there. :nauseated_face:

1 Like